Senior Communications Advisor
The Sr. Communications Advisor will be responsible for maintaining the connection between Global Corporate Communications (GCC) and MGM Resorts’ premiere Las Vegas properties to ensure internal communications messages are disseminated through the proper channels, collecting insights and data in a customized manner to help enhance the employee and guest experience. The Sr. Communications Advisor also works with corporate-division leadership to develop communications strategies and manage issues for company-wide initiatives that shape the company’s operating environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the primary communications point of contact to leadership at assigned luxury properties to determine optimal channels and content for cascading information based on unique property and employee attributes.
- Collaborate with leaders at assigned properties to develop and execute strategies that support property-specific execution of communications campaigns to ensure adoption and alignment of key messaging with target audiences.
- Perform property communications audits, identify challenges/opportunities, and present recommendations to property leadership for consideration.
- Champion consistent use of GCC preferred communications channels (e.g., employee mobile app) to serve as an effective two-way flow of communication in order to achieve adoption goals.
- Advise, mentor, and coach operations leaders at assigned properties on effective communications strategies and best practices.
- Lead select company-wide communications initiatives, driving strategy and developing communications plans and deliverables as needed.
- Partner closely with the Senior Corporate Communications Manager and Senior Internal Brand Manager to provide insight and recommendations on how to personalize messages and utilize the appropriate communications channels for each property.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of equivalent employee engagement/communications experience.
- Previous experience working in the hospitality industry.
- Previous experience working in a consulting agency producing communications strategy or work in a corporate environment.
- Previous experience executing internal communications and working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- 8+ years of equivalent employee engagement/communications experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Gaming licenses as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent computer skills and mastery of Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with digital technology platforms (e.g., Slack, Social Chorus, Workamajig).
- Strong executive presence and ability to act as a communications subject matter expert.
- Excellent writing, editing, copy-writing, and proofreading skills.
- Sound judgment, problem solving, and decision making skills to effectively work with stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, individually - Ability to multi-task and balance numerous priorities in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.