Senior Backend Software Developer
In this role, the senior backend software developer will work on high-visibility initiatives, designing and implementing solutions from the ground up to support teams within the company. They will have the opportunity to take ownership over projects, influence development processes, and mentor junior developers while working on challenging projects.
- Design and implement tools and systems that support teams across multiple projects and business units
- Work with product team, stakeholders, and other developers to refine system designs and influence architectural decisions
- Design and deliver efficient, high-quality software that meets functional and non-functional requirements.
- Maintain and influence coding standards and development processes
- Mentor and coach junior developers
- Document implementations and design decisions
- The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, hands-on, results-oriented and a team player. Key qualifications are as follows:
- 7+ Years of professional software development experience
- Experience architecting robust software systems using a variety of technologies.
- Experience developing web-based solutions using Python 3 and one or more web development frameworks (Django, FastAPI, Flask, etc.)
- Deep understanding of infrastructure (databases, storage, caching, content delivery), and cloud hosting offerings.
- Strong debugging skills.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, but see yourself contributing, please submit an application. We encourage people from minority or marginalized groups to apply.
At Nexamp, our mission is building the future of energy, so it is clean, simple, and accessible for all. We believe a diverse team brings different perspectives and experiences, thus benefiting our work. We are committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. By encouraging a culture where ideas and decisions come from all people, we believe it will help us grow, innovate, and be a part of environmental and social change.
PERKS & COMPENSATION
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that Nexamp offers! This includes: our competitive compensation package; a 401(k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance starting day one; Flexible Paid Time Off and Holiday PTO; Commuter Benefits, Cell Phone Reimbursement; as well as a hybrid work environment, headquartered in Boston, MA with a fun, collaborative, downtown office! We provide healthy snacks, coffee, yoga sessions, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!
NEXAMP VALUES AND MISSION
Building the future of energy so it is clean, simple and accessible.
Nexamp is building the energy infrastructure of tomorrow and reinventing the way people interact with the electricity that powers their lives. By deploying a distributed network of locally sourced clean energy, we seek to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Our team’s diverse experience drives innovation from the ground up and with a singular passion: to deliver an accessible and sustainable energy future for all.