Senior Backend Engineer
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER.
It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
We want you to join our Engineering team. You will be working directly alongside our Head of Engineering and Product Team to continue to develop and maintain Caribu.com
As a backend engineer, you will collaborate with internal teams to develop the future of Caribu.com, while working in a fast-paced environment.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release, and support)
- Develop server-side logic ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end
- Define and maintain server-side architecture
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Liaise with the Product development team to plan new features
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Research and suggest innovative solutions, applications, and protocols
- Stay up to date with modern technology trends
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of experience working with multiple platforms such as Desktop, Mobile, Tablet, etc.
- BA degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent experience
- Proficient with Typescript and Node.js
- Proficient with Docker, Kubernetes and public cloud infrastructure and technologies such as Google Cloud Platform
- Proficient in database modelling (both SQL and NoSQL)
- Proficient with design and architect SOA, including Micro services-based architecture
- Experience with CI/CD Tools (CircleCI / Travis CI / Jenkins / GitLab …)
The annual base salary range for this position is between $110k and $160k **This range is indicative of projected hiring range, however annual base salary will be determined based on a candidate’s work location, skills and experience.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Mattel we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work™ and as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2022.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.