ZoomSan Jose (CA) - Remote5 months ago
Internal Audit is seeking an experienced Senior Auditor who can work with cross-functional teams to execute value-add financial and operational audits, participate in the risk assessment process, conduct investigations, and assist in the facilitation of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance across Zoom. This is a high-visibility opportunity where you can identify key issues and make measurable improvements throughout a dynamic company.
The successful candidate will be able to provide contributions in each audit area, apply technical accounting knowledge, sound business judgment, and partner with key stakeholders. You are expected to review business processes, develop risk and controls, develop test procedures, analyze data to detect unmitigated risks or deficient controls, and recommend process improvement opportunities.
You must be an excellent writer who can succinctly communicate complicated technical and operational issues in business terms. You must be comfortable performing as both an individual contributor and a teammate that can collaborate cross-functionally within Zoom. You are expected to stay abreast of business trends and emerging technology and understand the role of data analytics in a successful function.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Internal Audit and is based in San Jose, CA. Candidate must be willing to travel domestically and internationally (when applicable).
- Support the execution of financial audits, enterprise risk assessments, operational audits, and investigations as needed.
- Support our annual SOX internal control assessment process as needed. Work closely with our internal stakeholders and external auditors to ensure the testing is performed timely and effectively.
- Review and compare financial metrics and internal controls against evolving industry trends and best practices, identify gaps, and propose creative, pragmatic solutions for potential financial and IT risks and control issues.
- Design and deliver audit programs to address relevant risk and audit assertions across Zoom
- Interpret the significance of audit findings using data analytics tools, conclude on findings and make practical recommendations. Manage work requirements and budget to meet assigned initiatives.
- Prepare audit reports to document audit scope, procedures, findings and recommendations.
- Communicate with, and educate, process owners effectively, including non-finance individuals, on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, process excellence, and the role of Internal Audit.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; or relevant MBA
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a Big Four firm in the core audit/core assurance practice or with a large global public company in audit and/or technical accounting.
- Recognized professional certification(s) (CPA/CA, CIA, CISA, CFE)
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, with a focus on revenue recognition (ASC 606)
- Experience in working with data analytics (i.e. Alteryx, ACL, Tableau, etc.), and other emerging technologies such as robotic process automation and machine learning is highly desired
- SQL fluency highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed to build relationships across all functions within the company; nationally and internationally
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities in a dynamic environment experiencing rapid growth and change
- Ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise, detailed, and clear oral and written reports
- Demonstrates a strong sense of curiosity and willingness to get a deep understanding of the business, processes, technologies, and risks to provide value and insights and help us improve and achieve our goals
- Experience in working with Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and large ERP systems
- Experience working with SOX control frameworks, especially with technology and/or SaaS companies is preferred
- Working knowledge of control principles (e.g. COSO), financial and operational processes, risks and risk management, and IT general controls
- Experience with Enterprise Risk Assessment (ERA) is preferred