The American Express Aeroplan Co-Brand Cards portfolio is poised for transformative growth and successful acceleration of card acquisition is a critical component of the strategic priorities for the Canadian business.
The Senior / Assistant Marketing Manager - Digital Acquisition, Aeroplan will be responsible for managing the Aeroplan Co-Brand Cards Acquisition portfolio with emphasis on Aeroplan partner channels. This role will offer a unique opportunity to shape the future success of the Aeroplan portfolio over the next decade and gain a breadth of knowledge and experience working with a key strategic partner. It’s a very exciting time to join the Digital Acquisition, Aeroplan team!
The successful candidate will lean on their relationship-building skills, analytical background and loyalty subject matter expertise to push innovation and efficiency while maintaining a continued mandate to drive profitable card acquisition.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drive acquisition on the Aeroplan Cobrand Cards through Aeroplan and Air Canada owned channels
- Collaborate with partners to develop the annual marketing strategy and media plan
- Manage the roll out of key strategic initiatives and campaigns to support the overall channel objectives
- Track, monitor and assess overall channel performance to determine optimization opportunities
- Develop new and innovative campaigns to further acquisition prospects across partner channels
- Forecast and develop annual acquisition targets along with funding requirements to achieve marketing goals
- Own and manage the marketing budget and allocation of spend across the various channels/tactics
- Partner with Aeroplan to ensure key priorities and objectives are aligned and delivered against
- Collaborate and influence external and internal stakeholders to gain buy-in on key projects and campaigns
- Develop content for business updates and quarterly joint marketing reviews with both internal and Aeroplan teams
- Deliver marketing campaigns from conception to implementation
- Work with creative agencies and internal stakeholders to develop and execute winning marketing communication strategies
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to develop and recommend best practices to improve future campaign performance
- University degree in Marketing / Business / Commerce, or equivalent combination of education and business experience
- Minimum 2-year experience in an equivalent marketing position
- Previous digital marketing and/or partner management experience is an asset
- Strong analytical abilities, with proven proficiency in interpreting and deriving insights from complex data
- Ability to collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams and external partners
- Strong communication skills with experience in developing and delivering presentations to peers and senior management
- Ability to work well in an autonomous environment with skillsets to juggle and prioritize concurrent initiatives
- Superior attention to detail
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.