Senior Art Director
The Refinery is an award-winning entertainment advertising agency located in Sherman Oaks. We work with all of the major studios producing creative digital, A/V and print campaigns for theatrical properties and television/streaming content.
First off, we are seeking candidates who embody our core values – Refiners are talented, kind, client-focused, ego-free and passionate. With most employees working virtually, we have continued to maintain a corporate culture in which caring for each other remains a top priority. We still celebrate everything – from birthdays to our Halloween costume contest to National Donut Day! Whether you work remotely, come to the office on occasion, or prefer to work onsite, you’ll feel like part of the team.
Enough about us, here’s what we’re looking for:
- You will offer unique designs for assigned projects to expand scope of client presentation
- Create design concepts for others to execute
- Read scripts and watch content for all assigned projects to promote broader understanding
- Perform exploration of typographical element(s) within every composition
- Assist Art Directorial staff with feedback to improve compositions
- Consistently deliver selected comps across multiple genres
- Mentor and tutor to interns and junior staff
- Minimum of 7 years experience designing key art for theatrical, broadcast, home entertainment and/or gaming projects.
- Expert level Photoshop and InDesign skills
- Must have a portfolio demonstrating your amazing and innovative work within the entertainment advertising industry
- Bonus: illustration and/or photography background
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Lifestyle Reimbursement Account
- Volunteer Time Off
- Continuing Education Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.