Senior Art Director
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
The Sr. Art Director will report to the Creative Director in Austin, TX and will be responsible for playing a critical role in the strategy, ideation, and design of YETI’s creative work. We are looking for a creative that can maneuver between conceptual, high-level thinking (i.e. the ability to come up with award-winning brand activations) and working executionally, creating compelling and well-designed work that expands across all marketing channels. In addition, an ideal candidate will be able to operate solo, as well as in a team when paired with a Copywriter.
Position Type (See Workplace Approach Below): Hybrid
- Work with Creative Director to define priorities and sustain delivery cadence
- Assist with directing designers in their concepting and execution of creative assets
- Lead art reviews with team members, while providing constructive and positive feedback
- Initiate and lead concept creation/brainstorming efforts
- Build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams; leading collaboration working session to drive new creative ideas
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 4 years' experience as a senior designer or art director in a creative field, with a focus on high quality design and content in premium consumer and e-commerce environments
- Strong, creative design sense for premium products
- Good eye for detail with ability to see the big picture
- Strong conceptual abilities, remarkable art direction skills
- Experience taking projects from creation to execution
- Demonstrated creative expertise in a broad array of areas including multi-channel campaigns, print and digital advertising, POS, signage, packaging, web design and usability
- Highly detail-oriented, organized and have excellent follow through
- Strong collaboration and influence skills; able to build effective relationships with stakeholders across organizational levels
- Skilled in Adobe Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, as well as Microsoft Suite
- Proactive in nature and driven to act with a sense of urgency; able to work well under pressure and with demanding deadlines
- Optimistic, energetic and possesses the ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment
- This job requires relocation to Austin, TX
This position is based at YETI’s HQ in Austin, Texas, and relocation support will be offered to selected candidate.
US Workplace Approach:
- Onsite: Role requires you to be onsite full-time.
- Hybrid: Role requires you to be located in Austin, Texas and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
- Remote: Role is full-time remote.
Approach may vary based on role.
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.