Senior Android Mobile Developer
The Senior Android Mobile Developer is critical member of a small, customer focused, platform engineering team for our mobile Android apps. This role will help accelerate our successful post launch plans and will have the ability to influence our whole mobile program, from design to production.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop Android mobile applications in Android Developer studio using Java or Kotlin.
- Experience working with UX Design Tools such as Invision.
- Work with UX Team and produce excellent UI confirming to UX requirements.
- Work with the product and design team to understand end-user requirements and use cases, then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Integrate with our backend services to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that’s super-fast for end users
- Help improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and have the chance to contribute innovative and original ideas to our technology, algorithms, and product
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results within a schedule
- Excellent Troubleshooting, Debugging and Profiling skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science or any other technical discipline with equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of Android development experience.
- Expert understanding of Android mobile.
- A love developing Android apps and possess real passion for the platform.
- Experience shipping Android apps available on Google Play. (You have shipped at least one substantial app)
- Fluent in Kotlin (or Java) and have deep knowledge of the Android SDK.
- You are well versed in Clean Architecture, MVI, and Solid principles.
- You understand reactive programming.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to our designers, support staff, and engineers is no problem for you.
- You enjoy solving problems and helping others meet their goals.
- A track record of projects completed on time – you’re a flawless executor and know how to build great software.
- Evidence of being self-motivated and driven – you find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve hard problems.
- Personal commitment to continuously learn and improve.
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives.
- Experience integrating with backend RESTful APIs).
What you’re getting into
We’ve got big collaborative spaces for your big ideas, so bring an open mind and leave your suit in the closet. We all are committed to creating unique and rewarding consumer experiences. Everyone is interested in succeeding – for the team, for themselves and for the business. Cross-functionally and across the company, everyone has common goals and aspires to be their best.
You will learn something new or at least look at things differently every day. There are so many smart and creative people around that you’ll be motivated to pursue the ideal.
Team spirit is infectious. Belkin is an extremely open workplace, where communication is essential. Not every idea will be accepted, but you’ll be asked for your point of view. Innovation thrives on multiple and varied levels. At Belkin we challenge conventional wisdom and refuse to accept that something cannot be done.
We are committed to diversity. Belkin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
All candidates applying for a job in the EMEA region, please review the Applicant Privacy notice HERE
Range for this position
$90,000 - $110,000