Senior Analyst, Risk Management
The Senior Analyst, Risk Management position reports to the Senior Director, Risk Management, and is responsible for aiding in the administration of Sony’s insurance programs. Evaluates insurance related data to assist department personnel in the establishment of global insurance programs, claims administration, premium budgets, and policy administration.
The position interfaces mostly with the financial and legal senior management internally and insurance brokers and insurance carriers externally to determine and evaluate each company’s risk exposure.
- Lead and assist in special projects as needed.
- Assist in gathering, organizing, analyzing, and distributing risk exposure data to insurance underwriters for their coverage evaluation and placement of coverage.
- Develop market submissions and provide to insurance brokers/underwriters for their coverage evaluation and placement of coverage.
- Assist and take the lead in the negotiation of insurance programs including pricing and terms and conditions as needed.
- Coordinate renewal presentations for brokers and insurance underwriters involving senior management when necessary.
- Review limit exhaustions and insurance policy deductibles to develop and distribute metrics-based reports.
- Communicate risk management programs and philosophies effectively to key management within the organization.
- Review of insurance program specifications, quotations and binders for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for coordinating, analyzing, and compiling data relative to insurance audits (i.e., workers’ compensation, general liability).
- Review insurance carrier and insurance broker invoices and process payment. Track financial historical payment information.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of an effective premium allocation system for the Sony business units.
- Maintain comprehensive and complete schedules of insurance.
- Monitor progress of insurance carriers’ claim administration. Secure information from Sony business units to assist in concluding claims with insurers as quickly as possible.
- Assist in the analysis of loss information to identify trends for loss prevention purposes.
- Assist in the review of contractual indemnification and administration of insurance documentation requirements.
- Review all insurance carrier property/casualty recommendations. Notify and discuss with appropriate department personnel of any items that need department intervention.
- Review insurance policies for completeness and accuracy. Follow-up when needed to obtain policies and endorsements.
- Assist and take the lead in the evaluation of insurance coverage requirements for new business acquisitions and/or joint ventures. Assist in placement of coverage.
- Develop and present recommendations to management and implement process changes and improvements upon approval.
- Assist in the development and distribution of various Management Information Reports to all participating companies to inform and educate as to their individual and group results regarding claims, premium allocation, and general insurance program information.
- Help to maintain a strong relationship and open communication with each Sony business segment to ensure that they are aware of risk management policies and procedures.
- Act as a liaison and manage relationships between insurance broker, insurance carriers and third-party administrators.
- Visit facilities to review operations, advise management of applicable insurance programs and/or review insurance company safety/loss prevention recommendations.
- Assist in due diligence on diverse types of transactions (mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and/or other types).
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- Minimum Five (5) to Seven (7) years related risk management and/or insurance/brokerage and/or contract administration experience and/or training.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university.
- ARM, CPCU and/or Property & Casualty Broker License preferred.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience operating successfully in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently and execute task within tight deadlines.
- Organize, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
- Solid understanding of insurance and risk management principles.
- Working knowledge of various computer software (OneDrive, SharePoint, Excel, and Power Point) with ability to create reports.
- Team oriented.
- Minimal travel.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
- Senior Director, Risk Management
- Not Applicable
- Legal/Litigation, Contract Administration, Controllers, CFOs, Finance/Accounting, Treasury, Tax, Internal Audit, Procurement, Logistics, Transportation, Real Estate, Events, Sales & Marketing, Environmental, Safety & Health, Operations, Security, Compliance, Facilities, Business Affairs, Procurement, Corporate Communications, Human Resources/P&O, Benefits, Travel Group, Medical and/or Aviation in Sony Corporation of America, Sony Group companies and/or Sony Group Corporation.
- External insurance brokers, insurance companies, reinsurance carriers, outside law firms, third party claims administrators, forensic accountants, ergonomic consultants, physicians/nurses, vendors, contractors, third party production companies, studios, government agencies, landlords, insurance commissioners, and/or peer risk management groups.
SCA offers benefits-eligible employees (generally regular employees scheduled to work 20 or more hours a week) a comprehensive benefits program that offers coverage and support for employees and their family’s physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
What we offer you:
- Comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage with coverage for spouses/domestic partners and child dependents, including access to a Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee assistance plan and comprehensive behavioral health benefits
- Fertility benefits, including surrogacy, and adoption assistance programs
- Basic and supplemental life insurance for employees as well as supplemental life insurance coverage for their spouses/domestic partners and children
- Voluntary benefits such as group legal, identity theft protection, accident, and hospital indemnity insurance
- Short-term & long-term disability plans
- Up to 12 weeks of paid parental and caregiver leave
- 401(k) Plan with pre-tax, Roth, and after-tax options and company match which vests immediately
- Education assistance and student loan programs
- Time off to include vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, Summer Fridays (early release), and a winter break between Christmas and New Year’s Day (based on business needs)
- Referral bonuses (subject to eligibility)
- Matching gift program
- A wide variety of employee business resource groups (EBRGs)
- Special discounts on Sony products, offered exclusively to Sony employees
- Employee stock purchase plan (Sony covers commissions and fees for your Sony stock purchases made through after-tax payroll deductions)
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $105k - 117k. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
Right to Work (English/Spanish)
E-Verify Participation (English/Spanish)
While SCA does not require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, there are certain Sony offices that require employees to be vaccinated in order to enter. If you will be located at or travel to those offices, you will be required to be fully vaccinated to enter. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccination status or any indication of a possible request for a vaccination accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.