Senior Analyst Pricing, Inventory, & Yield
Sell what you love. For us and millions of users across the globe, that’s Spotify. Join the Sales team and you’ll build the relationships that help grow our business in existing markets and beyond. We don’t just sell creative solutions to our clients and partners, we help to shape them; using our expert knowledge of ad products, sales channels and the industry to impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
We are looking for an organized, energetic, and curious-minded candidate to join our Pricing, Inventory, and Yield team as a Senior Analyst based in New York. You will be responsible for critical decision-making, enabling the business to run on supply-led insights, with an in-depth understanding of our pricing trends as well as ensuring we accurately and effectively monetize our advertising inventory.
This role will report to the Manager of Pricing, Inventory, and Yield for North America within the Advertising Business Operations organization. This role is highly cross-functional, working across Product Marketing, Sales, Finance, Product, and Operations to ensure our products are priced appropriately and our inventory is used strategically.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
What You’ll Do
- Build and execute pricing and inventory strategies to maximize revenue and be responsible for yield management across all of our various sales channels and formats for the US and CA markets
- Work closely with North American sales on a daily basis, building strong relationships in order to support the growth and monetization of our evolving digital properties
- Manage the inventory forecasting process for all ad products (music and podcasts) being sold in market and audit forecasting for accuracy
- Partner with our Trading and Partnerships and Sales team to create and structure successful commercial partnerships with media holding companies and client-direct advertisers
- Partner with Finance to develop revenue targets and forecasts
- Help optimize operations and ensure workflows and business processes are as efficient as possible
- Build and maintain Excel and Google-sheet based tools and models to provide pricing, inventory, and yield insights to team and sales leads
- Manage rate cards and deal approvals - helping to close short-term deals without jeopardizing long-term revenue
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience within Pricing and Inventory, Yield, Media Planning, Business Operations, or Revenue Operations within an Ad-supported tech environment. Having an established track record of getting results and implementing strategies that drive growth, optimize monetization, and increase process efficiencies
- You are comfortable operating large and complex datasets and eloquently transforming them into insights and presenting recommendations.
- You are a self-starter, organized, communicative, and someone who flourishes working in a constantly evolving, but always exciting environment
- You are a consistent and clear communicator who isn’t afraid to push back
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with an outstanding ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Familiarity with Google Ad Manager, Salesforce, Google Suite Products, BigQuery, SQL, Tableau is a plus
Where You'll Be
- This role will be based out of our New York office
Our global benefits
- Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
- Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
- Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
- All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
- Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
The United States base range for this position is $84,186 to $120,266, plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.