Senior Analyst, Finance & Planning
Penske Media Corporation, whose award-winning content across more than 23 media brands attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million, is adding an Senior Analyst to our FP&A team, based in either our Midtown Manhattan or West Los Angeles offices.
We will train the Senior Analyst to support the Finance team in the analysis and planning of brands within the PMC portfolio. The ideal candidate must possess an analytical, detailed, mindset and a dynamic personality as this position interacts with business teams across the organization.
This is a great opportunity for a current Analyst to move their career forward and learn from a highly collaborative FP&A team.
You will support the team in creating and tracking budgets, proactively reviewing expenses for potential savings, and presenting detailed analytical recommendations to improve the overall profitability. General knowledge of business operations and cost accounting are essential. This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with both finance and non-financial oriented people at various levels of the organization. You will also assist with variance reporting, cash forecasting, financial modeling, and other ad hoc requests as provided by management.
The Senior Analyst will be trained to:
- Manage and provide monthly reporting to department heads
- Analyze monthly P&L variances and provide meaningful reporting to management on an ongoing basis
- Proactively review P&L by business unit for potential expense savings, including contract review, leveraging purchasing power, etc.
- Reconcile P&L accounts for accurate reporting
- Perform and/or lead special projects and analysis on an as needed basis
Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 2+ years of Corporate Finance experience (budgeting, forecasting and other related functions)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Google Analytics or Looker a plus
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and high standards in quality and accurate reporting
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and take projections to completion
- Publishing or Media/Entertainment experience is not required but preferred
- NetSuite and Salesforce experience preferred
- Detail oriented and great communication skills
Typical wage range: $70-85K
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.