Senior Analyst, Affiliate Marketing
New York, NY
What We’re Looking For:
The Senior Analyst, Affiliate Marketing, will work directly with the Lead Growth Strategist, to optimize the revenue streams across our global affiliate and minisite properties. S/he will be part of the analytical backbone of the team who works to ensure we are monetizing affiliate vendors and minisite opportunities to their fullest potential. The Senior Analyst, Affiliate Marketing will be directly responsible for a portfolio of paid and organic tactics (SEO, Paid Search, Facebook, LinkedIn, Affiliate Partnerships, etc.) and the projected return on investment across programs, verticals (similar degrees offered across multiple partners, e.g. MBAs), and product lines. This will require regular performance analysis with a clear ability to present insights and derive action items. This will also require mathematical modeling on hypothetical future investments where tradeoffs and/or new growth projects are being considered. This role has ownership of day-to-day optimizing of the health of affiliate and minisite opportunities within purview against KPI’s and is responsible for accurate management of spend. The role requires a strategic, creative, and disciplined thinker who is focused on achieving exemplary bottom line results for the business. S/he should be a confident decision-maker who can navigate complex matrixed environments across product lines to optimize the team’s overall contribution to 2U’s bottom line.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Data Analysis and Strategic Recommendations
- Performs analysis on tactic health and identifies trends impacting KPIs. Responds quickly to highlight key discrepancies versus expectations (i.e. pacing performance) to leadership and presents actionable recommendations to leadership and key stakeholders.
- Soundly speculates upon projected conversion of marketing tactics and likely ROI.
- Equips leadership team with actionable enterprise level reporting on tactic efficiency that identifies opportunities and risks.
- Performs complex analysis under minimal supervision that leverages advanced statistical and data analytics toolkits to optimize revenue across product lines.
- Supports day-to-day operations of Tableau, implementing process and reporting changes necessary to maximize the efficiency of business operations.
- Maintains a constant awareness of ever changing business needs and develops action plans to take advantage of available opportunities for further efficiency and growth.
- Maintains a deep understanding of the paid and organic landscape for tactics within scope, with a clear perspective on how to win against the competition.
- Works in partnership with the leadership team and relevant stakeholders to develop performance targets for affiliate and minisite tactics.
- Creates deliverables conveying detailed marketing plan on a monthly basis.
- Effectively articulates monthly marketing plan to leadership and makes necessary edits based on feedback.
Project Management & Team Leadership
- Responsible for successful and timely completion of several key reporting/functional projects and ad-hoc projects in collaboration with leadership.
- Influences cross-functional teams to deliver on deliverables needed to complete projects. This requires an exceptional ability to prioritize and expedite projects of the largest business impact.
- Supports leadership with strategic initiatives to improve tactic performance as we scale across product lines and into emerging markets.
- Fosters a team environment by serving as a tenured analytical leader that provides proactive support to members of the team
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Has a Bachelor’s degree (from a business, economics, or math related field is a plus)
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing, analytics, or relevant business using data to solve problems
- Has a working knowledge of Excel, and some previous exposure to SQL or other databases
- Experience working with media engines, such as Adwords, web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics and SimilarWeb, and data visualization tools, such as Tableau preferred.
- Is looking for the opportunity to set business strategy
- Has a keen interest in digital marketing (prior experience a plus, but not required)
- Is adept at problem solving and can balance creativity with analytical skills
- Has a strong work ethic and doesn’t accept complacency
- Demonstrates proactive thinking – always seeking ways to do something better
- The ability to multitask, stay organized and evaluate priorities on an ongoing basis
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.