Senior Administrative Specialist
DowHouston, TXa month ago
Dow has an exciting job opportunity as a Senior Administrative Specialist position located in Houston, Texas.
Provides general administrative support and office management to leadership and teams. Exercises considerable discretion and independent judgment in managing the flow of work within the area of responsibility. Works with a limited degree of supervision, with full authority of the supported leader(s).
Responsibilities / Duties
• Provides a wide variety of secretarial/administrative support to leadership and teams within a function, business or geography, exercising confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
• Prepares correspondence, communications, and responses to inquiries on behalf of supported leader(s) with limited oversight.
• Calendar management of the department leaders and appropriate correspondence. Discern and prioritize meeting importance with a high level of organization and consideration for the needs of stakeholders within the company.
• Arranges domestic and international business travel, coordinates meeting and event arrangements, and/or tracks expenses that requires a heightened level of detail.
• Assist in processing visas and passports.
• Monitors and tracks expenses against budgets; resolves discrepancies, and provides reports to cost center owner or budget manager.
• Coordinates the end-to-end delivery of department or group events or special projects.
• Plan and Coordinate offsite and on-site meeting events including support for the facilitator, catering as well as visits to the sites and visitors accommodations.
• Acts as the department focal point with external vendors, contractors, or service providers.
• Acts as a resource for and provides guidance and coaching to administrative staff with less experience.
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation assistance for this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will be responsible for all costs that you incur.
• A minimum of 5 years of administrative experience is required.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
• Must be 18 years old or older.
• Must be willing to work weekends, and holidays, if required.
• Must be willing to work overtime (extra hours beyond your regular scheduled) if required.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• Experience with the following software/applications is preferred: SAP, Concur, File Share Manager (FSM).
• Travel management experience, both domestic and international is also preferred.
• Event coordination and planning experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Trustworthy and able to manage confidential information.
• Able to work in a fast-pace work environment and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Must be comfortable communicating and interacting with a variety of people.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
• An associate degree or higher is preferred.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others