Senior Accounting Manager
We are seeking a hands on Senior Accounting Manager to be a key leader in our Accounting team. In this role, you will be involved in accounting operations, general ledger, accounts receivable, payroll, accounts payable, provider payouts and commission accounting. To support Modern Health's growth, you will help lead the implementation of systems, assist in designing our control environment, and develop new and improve existing processes and policies. Reporting to the VP Controller, you will gain exposure to senior-level decision-making team members and develop lasting relationships across the company.
The ideal candidate needs to be a dynamic self-starter with a passion for continuous process improvement in a fast paced, high growth environment and the ability to clearly communicate recommendations and lead our team to deliver results.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the Accounting team to produce timely and accurate financial information for internal and external reporting purposes, including general ledger accounting functions, accounts receivable, payroll, accounts payable, tax, treasury and financial reporting
- Involved in managing month-end close process including financial statement analysis, profit and loss, and balance sheet fluctuation commentaries
- Involved in the general ledger activities, including the preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare various technical accounting analyses, policies, and procedures
- Oversee audit processes and proactively communicate with auditors on accounting for complex transactions
- Strengthen internal controls to mitigate financial risk and ensure accuracy of company records
- Organize corporate tax compliance to ensure the accurate and timely completion of all government reporting and tax filings across all geographical areas in which the company operates
- Commission accounting reconciliations and analysis
- Involved in the accounting for our professional corporation subsidiaries
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA license preferred, Big Four or national accounting firm experience preferred
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience; SaaS experience preferred
- Enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting into the details
- Experience with IPO readiness, internal controls, SEC rules and regulations
- In depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including familiarity with accounting positions and related guidance provided by SEC and other governing entities; specifically, experience with ASC 606 and equity accounting a plus
- Strong analytical skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Passionate about building and comfortable working in a fast-paced changing environment
- Strong people management experience and proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, and thoughtful team design
- Prior IPO experience preferred
- Prior experience working for a public accounting organization preferred
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance
- High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Access to coaches and therapists through Modern Health's platform
- Flexible Time Off
- Company-wide Collective Pause Days
- Parental Leave Policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Family Assistance Benefit through UrbanSitter
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial Planning Benefit through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- New Hire Stipend to help cover work-from-home setup costs
- ModSquad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Information
Please refer to the ranges below to find the starting annual pay range for individuals applying to work remotely from the following locations for this role.
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Ranges are not necessarily indicative of the associated starting pay range in other locations. Full-time employees are also eligible for Modern Health's equity program and incredible benefits package.
Depending on the scope of the role, some ranges are indicative of On Target Earnings (OTE) and includes both base pay and commission at 100% achievement of established targets.
San Francisco Bay Area
All Other California Locations
New York City
All Other New York Locations
All Other Washington Locations
Below, we are asking you to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). While we are required by law to ask these questions in the format provided by the EEOC, at Modern Health we know that gender is not binary, and we recognize that these categories do not reflect our employees' full range of identities.