The Honest Company has kicked off a search for an Accountant! You’ll be responsible for processing accounting transactions, preparation of reconciliations, compiling and analyzing financial reports, providing ad hoc analysis, maintaining the integrity of the general ledger, and providing revenue and general accounting support to the Accounting Manager. We’re looking for a highly-organized, accountable (pun intended) team player who operates with efficiency, urgency, and discipline.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare journal entries and underlying analysis to support the month-end close process for fixed assets, prepaid expenses and DTC (Direct to Consumer) revenue
- Perform reconciliations of data from other sources and systems to the general ledger for completeness of reports
- Prepare various deliverables to support the preparation of the financial statements and/or requests for information from all business functions
- Prepare the monthly analysis for DTC revenue
Prepare the monthly sales and use tax, VAT, and GST/HST reporting packages
- Compile analysis/reports for the quarterly reviews, annual audit, tax return preparation or other audits
- Prepare/assist with any other ad hoc analysis or analytics as needed
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or finance
- 2-5 years experience in an accounting role
- Solid understanding of US GAAP, general accounting processes and internal controls, and financial analysis tools
- Proficiency in Excel formulas, vlookups, and pivot tables
Bonus points for:
- Public company experience at a National firm
- CPA is strongly preferred
- Experience with top tier ERP and related reporting applications
Compensation: The pay range for this role is $77,000-$106,000. Actual compensation is based on many factors including but not limited to depth of experience, skill level, ability, knowledge, education, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness coverage, 401k with company match, wellness incentives including a monthly fitness reimbursement and onsite fitness classes, options for education reimbursement, and a discount on all products. We value work-life balance and offer a generous and flexible vacation policy. Thinking about adding little ones to your family? Honest offers generous maternity and paternity leave. We love the furry kids too and offer pet insurance so your companions are well taken care of.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Californian Job Applicants and Prospective Talent
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), The Honest Company, Inc. (“Honest” or “us” or “we”) is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together “job applicants” or “you”) about the categories of personal information we may collect about you and the purposes for which we use this information. Click here if you are a California resident to read disclosures required by the CCPA. Note this notice applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect. We may collect the following categories of personal information about our job applicants, who are California residents:
- Social Security Number
- Email and mailing address
- Telephone number
- Employment history
How We Use Job Applicants' Personal Data. We use and disclose the personal information we collect for our business purposes. These business purposes include, without limitation:
- Processing evaluating your application to determine your qualifications for the role to which you’ve applied, and communicating with you about your application, including to check references or your background, and communicate with you about other jobs that may interest you.
- Other business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services for us, such as analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement; and
- Internal operations.