Senior Account Manager
About Good Joo Joo:
We’re a lean, mean team of digital marketers who work with clients on paid media buying, marketing automation, growth engineering, and conversion rate optimization. We focus on creating the appropriate ecosystem where clients can be certain their marketing efforts are highly profitable.
We also value freedom and responsibility like no other. We have always been and always will be 100% remote. We also meet up several times a year to jam together and have some fun (the next team retreat is in Mexico!).
We want people (you and our clients) to do well and do good.
Who You Are:
You are an entrepreneur in training. You’re incessantly curious and probably a little anal. You cringe when you misspell someone’s name. If you’re presented with something you know nothing about, you dive in fearlessly to learn more. You are thoughtful, empathetic, and impeccable with your word.
A Day in the Life:
It’s Monday morning and you check your calendar to see what upcoming calls you need to prepare for. Last week, you promised a Media Plan and a Competitive Analysis to a new client. You check in on the status of each deliverable and review another client’s performance over the weekend. You make budget adjustments and switch over some ads to a new promotion. Then, you join our team huddle and walk the VP of Marketing through performance, pending deliverables, and general strategy for each of your clients. By midday, you’ve replied to all client emails and are reviewing the reports that will go out to clients tomorrow. In preparation for Tuesday call day, you find a couple of optimization opportunities and add in those recommendations to the report draft. Once Tuesday comes, you confidently walk your clients through their weekly reports, explaining ALL the acronyms, strategy, and what’s next.
- Interface with clients on a daily basis.
- Understand the client’s goals and act as an internal liaison for them.
- Digest performance data and make recommendations to support the client’s growth.
- Lead weekly or bi-weekly client meetings.
- Intake and manage budgets.
- Intake and manage asset creation, ads & email campaigns.
- Manage your own time and teams to produce thoughtful and thorough work against timelines.
- Work in collaboration with other departments (e.g. implementation & leadership) to deliver better work for clients.
- Serve as support for leadership & support your implementation team with quality assurance & edits.
- Communicate directly with clients on deliverables and intake additional requests.
We need someone who is willing to wear multiple hats and switch gears quickly. Excellent written and verbal skills will get you very, very far in our eyes. Attention to detail is everything.
- Entrepreneurial spirit — have you ever had a side hustle? Can you identify what you need to be successful and go make it happen?
- Reliable — you do what you say you're going to do, when you say you're going to do it.
- Creative & analytical.
- Ability to be strategic, but also reactive when necessary.
- Killer organizational skills.
- Wants to share and celebrate victories.
- Quick to admit when you make mistakes and are willing to do what it takes to make it right
- Variety of interests. BE interesting. Have other things going for yourself. Play the flute for all we care, just do something, anything.
[Did you notice one of those bullets is missing punctuation?]
- Strong speaking skills.
- Adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity, startup experience preferred.
- Must be available during US working hours.
- 3+ years experience in marketing, including both paid advertising and email automation.
- 2+ years of experience as an account manager.
- Must submit a resume.
- Must be willing to complete a paid project during Stage II of the interviewing process.
- In-depth familiarity with Meta Business Manager & Google Ads Manager.
- Has directly managed a team of 3 or more.
- Hubspot Certified.
NICE TO HAVES
- Familiarity with Google Data Studio.
- Familiarity with Shopify.
- Familiarity with TikTok, Pinterest, and Bing ads.
$$ & Stuff
Pay is commensurate with experience. Anticipated workload is 15 - 20 hours per week, but will grow over time for the right candidate.