Senior Account Executive
As our Sr. Account Executive, you will define a new role in our organization, working closely with our high-performing team conducting PR and business development campaigns. As a leader, you will oversee a diverse group of energetic and smart team members.
The ideal candidate is a true linchpin, passionate about all things business growth, beauty, diversity, and empowering women-owned businesses. Most importantly you will consistently demonstrate Six One’s core values through your daily interactions, including transparency and feedback, ownership, solution orientation thinking, the ability to under promise and over deliver, learn, and approach situations with gratitude and positivity.
In addition to working with our clients, we put a lot of emphasis on our mental health and well-being.
Our motto: be creative, be smart, be curious and be kind.
- Drive day-to-day media relations and work effectively as a lead member of key beauty and wellness account teams.
- Lead projects and collaborate with colleagues to advance the communications strategies for multiple high-profile client accounts
- Implement integrated campaigns that leverage media relations, and digital tactics to reach key audiences and achieve client goals
- Write and edit persuasive external proposals and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos, and communications plans
- Write across different mediums for varied audiences
- Ensure up to date knowledge of client goals, strategies, and priorities
- Develop and oversee integrated campaigns that leverage public affairs, media, and digital tactics to reach key audiences and achieve client goals
- Generate strategic communication plans for selected accounts to develop smart, fresh, and buzz-worthy ideas
- Oversee workflow, deadlines, budgets, and resources (both team and capital) for selected accounts
- Guarantee the fulfillment of monthly/annual or project-based Scope of Work commitments
- Organize and lead brainstorm/ideation sessions with internal team members
- Manage internal and/or external team members as per each account’s requests
- At least 5+ years of progressive experience in PR, some or all in an agency setting
- At least 4+ years of relevant work experience in strategic communications, media relations, advocacy, journalism, or a related field
- B.S./B.A. in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Ability to organize and manage multiple client responsibilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong multitasking skills
- Proven supervisory and leadership skills
- Hands-on experience writing clear, interesting, effective press releases, media alerts, press pitches, and other materials
- Current understanding of social media platforms and an ability to increase brand awareness and generate press through this landscape
- Established relationships with long lead, short lead, and online editors in the beauty and lifestyle sectors
- Outstanding presentation skills with the ability to breakdown concepts and inspire
- Significant attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of Muck Rack, Meltwater and/or Cision
- Highly collaborative and has an affinity for building relationships across teams including marketing, creative, and customer service
- 401k package (4% match)
- Added vacation time after 2 years of tenure
- Product allowance
- Corporate card after 6 months of service
- Yearly company bonus
- Quarterly lunch-and-learn sessions
- Support for conferences, seminars, and training
Six One is a remote company. Regardless of working location, all candidates must be available to work during core business hours (Monday - Friday, 7am - 3pm PST)
Six One is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on legally protected classes in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, and local laws including ethnic origin, religious/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, and gender/identity expression.
View more: @sixoneagency_ and LinkedIn