Senior Account Executive
Passionate about helping restaurants succeed? Our suite of products reaches and engages diners with an unforgettable experience on the largest restaurant discovery platform on the planet. Our mission is to provide the best experience for diners when they engage with restaurants, and to be the number one partner for restaurants as they navigate their daily challenges.
As an Account Executive, you will get the opportunity to work with some of the leading restaurant sales professionals in the country. You'll be surrounded by a team who has built careers within Yelp, that constantly raise the bar, and are always striving to be the standard for sales within the restaurant industry. At Yelp Restaurants, you will get the opportunity to work in a small team that is in charge of shaping the sales strategy for restaurants within Yelp.
We are committed to your success and development. You will be mentored by one of our top performers as you learn the ropes and you’ll be part of the Yelp Sales Development Program, which is a two-year track for your professional growth. This transparent program outlines what you need to be doing every day, month, and quarter to reach the next level. Increased compensation, title and responsibilities will keep your career moving in the right direction. If you’re looking for a career (not a job), a company that's invested in your personal development, a solid compensation package, great training, and have a passion for the restaurant industry, we know just the place.
This is a full-time remote position
Where You Come In:
- You will manage your own book of business through prospecting & disciplined pipeline management
- You will drive the full sales cycle primarily through inside sales: make introductory calls, assess business goals through qualifying, and close the deal
- You will become an expert in Yelp’s full suite of products: Yelp Reservations, Waitlist, Connect and Advertising, and understand the value proposition for each
- You will be knowledgeable of other restaurant solutions available in the market that help restaurant owners grow their business
- You will adapt product recommendations quickly to suit the client needs - asking probing questions and handling objections will be critical to your success
- You will achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have an appetite for learning! You’re keen on turning training and feedback into action and continuous self-improvement
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethic
- You’re an excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive - show us your grit!
- You are genuinely curious about people, local restaurants, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option
What You'll Need:
- You are fluent in English and Korean
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree and/or 18 months or more of outbound sales experience
- You have experience with restaurant technology (reservation systems, waitlist systems, front-of-house mgmt tools) is a plus
- You have excellent communication skills - no fear of the phone
- You have general computer and email proficiency, experience with Salesforce is a plus
- You have a positive attitude and a drive to win
- You have the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time within a fast-paced environment
What You'll Get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 7 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Compensation base salary is $52,000-$62,000 annually + performance based incentives.
- For more information about US benefits at Yelp, please check out this link.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is not required for this role. We nonetheless encourage all employees to get vaccinated. Employees who are not vaccinated may not visit Yelp’s offices or participate in any in-person work activities, and are not eligible to transfer or be promoted to a role that requires vaccination.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, an individual's location and experience.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.