Seasonal Photo Studio Assistant Stylist
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Seasonal Photo Studio Assistant Stylist.
What you'll do...
- Perform daily organizational, maintenance, safety and photography studio operations functions under direction of the photo studio art director or producer.
- Organize and maintain props, books and styling areas for optimal photo shoot preparedness.
- Organize and maintain styling material resources and soft styling and general use areas at the Photo Studio.
- Organize and maintain all styling materials and resources.Assist with care of plant collection.
- Assist with daily operation of food prep/storage/kitchen areas.Meet the creative requirements of freelance photography stylists and full-time stylist in preparation for each shoot, including research, shopping, organization of props and materials and various creative tasks.
- Maintain an understanding of creative direction by working with art directors, stylists and photographers.
- Maintain knowledge of the Photo Studio and local resources to provide current and impactful styling assistance.
- Maintain a responsible balance of creative execution and cost effective spending.
- Execute legal and procedural regulations regarding prop usage, copyright, and model releases.
- Maintain highest standards of proper merchandise care and handling.
- Possess a complete understanding of applicable company systems, policies and procedures.
- Focus on promoting sales as they pertain to, or are driven by your position.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all company associates and business contacts.
- Work with freelance photography stylists and full-time junior stylist to prepare and execute creative vision.
- Work with photo studio merchandise coordinators on the timely receipt/return of merchandise used as props.
- Work with photo studio art directors, photo studio producers and the photographer assistant on all aspects of photo shoots.
- Work with the photo studio assistant on a logistical plan related to styling and props.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together safely, effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all associates.
What you'll bring...
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Previous experience as a styling assistant with industry knowledge of photography styling practices and photography studio operations preferred
- Excels in the preparation of soft goods/food/floral/light set fabrication
- Possess extensive knowledge of local resources; including but not limited to floral, grocery, art, decorating
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal/negotiation skills, detail-oriented and good at multitasking
- On a daily basis, must be able to stand and/or move about the building, communicate and have visual acuity near and far
- Must be able to constantly move product/merchandise, kneel, climb, balance, bend, crouch and/or twist
- Ability to load and unload/transport materials; movement of merchandise, supplies, plants, and/or boxes (up to and over 50 lbs.) to and from all levels of the studio
- Local travel (less than 25%) as necessary based on photography needs
- Good reading and written verbal language skills (English)