Who we are:
At Shinola, we make beautiful, enduring, handcrafted goods that are built to be lived in, worn out, and well loved. Our thoughtful craftsmanship, timeless design and spirited stories inspire our customers to live well, with confidence & joy—in a style that is uniquely their own! Because we are a growing and evolving company, each employee is a key stakeholder, making decisions every day that directly impact our overall vision and direction. At Shinola, you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution at the start of what we believe will become an iconic American brand.
- Founded in 2011, we are a Detroit based luxury design brand committed to crafting products that are built to last
- We are committed to creating high-quality manufacturing jobs while operating the first at-scale watch factory in the US in 50 years
- In addition to luxury timepieces, our team of artisans handcraft premium leather goods, jewelry, and more – celebrating thoughtful design and the beauty of industry through every product we make
- Our retail locations allow us to showcase our commitment to quality, manufacturing and design by connecting our guests to products in store
What you'll do:
In the same fashion that products are designed and manufactured at Shinola, the craft of coffee has also been elevated to the highest level of thoughtful and meticulous preparation. We are seeking a Barista to join our team. The Barista should be able to work independently and under minimal supervision. The Barista is a true professional that fulfills any additional duties as assigned including working in the Shinola retail store as needed. The Barista is friendly and outgoing in an environment that believes in delighting our customers at all times.
- Prepare coffee
- Provide excellent customer service
- Use the POS system for sales transactions
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Handle food
- Support the team during peak holiday months
- Temporary position, ending after the holiday season
Who you are:
- Passionate about helping others
- Previous experience working as Barista or similar
- Curious and optimistic
- Flexible and adaptable to a high-change environment
- Not afraid to insert yourself in new situations
- Willingness to learn and a passion for the craft
Sampling of Total Rewards Program:
Compensation type: hourly
Compensation can be negotiated based on previous experience & qualifications.
- Starting at $15.00
- Employee hiring referral bonus
- Employee assistance program
- Merchandise discounts
- Complimentary employee watch
Shinola is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Eligible employees are able to participate in a monthly cash bonus program if the store exceeds monthly sales volume targets. Eligibility is determined upon date of hire during the current fiscal month and cash bonus amounts dependent on job title and sales volume targets. Retail bonus details are available upon request.