Seasonal Assistant Retail Manager,
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring a seasonal Assistant Retail Manager to join our team at Loft Mountain Wayside in Shenandoah National Park, Virginia. As an Assistant Retail Manager, you will contribute to the growth and profitability of the business with management oversight for the day-to-day operations. This will include managing a team of supervisors, cooks, and retail associates.
Housing is available for selected candidate.
Minimum – Anticipated Maximum Salary: $35568 - $45000 / year
The advertised pay range represents what we believe at the time of this job posting, that we would be willing to pay for this position. Only in special circumstances, where a candidate has education, training, or experience that far exceeds the requirements for the position, would we consider paying higher than the stated range. Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at https://careers.delawarenorth.com/whatweoffer.
At Delaware North, we care about our team member’s personal and professional journeys. These are just some of the benefits we offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Performance bonuses
- Paid vacation days and holidays
- Paid parental bonding leave
- Tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement
- Generous friends-and-family discounts at many of our hotels and resorts
- Hire, onboard, and develop staff for your location.
- Manage implementation of retail and food and beverage programs for stores to meet corporate standards and achieve inventory and revenue goals.
- Participate in product development.
- Provide support and direction to retail and food and beverage team members on the implementation of company policies and procedures and ensure proper follow-through.
- Manage in-store merchandising and display to ensure maximum visual impact and revenue generation.
- Monitor the in-stock position of approved merchandise programs and inventory control at the store level to ensure procedural and policy compliance.
- Adhere to company directives on physical inventory and reporting.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years of management experience.
- Minimum of three years of retail operations required; additional experience in food and beverage management is preferred.
- Knowledge of merchandising techniques and retail operations, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to hire, onboard, and develop a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products including Teams, Word, and Excel.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for the entire length of shift.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently.
- Ability to bend, reach, and climb on a step stool.
- The majority of time is spent in the indoor, climate-controlled environment of retail stores.
- May also be exposed to a partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
Who We Are
Shenandoah National Park offers over 200,000 acres of protected lands with lots to explore including cascading waterfalls, spectacular vistas, and quiet wooded hollows. It’s a great place to hike, camp, bike, fish, take photographs or go canoeing.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.