Scientific Sustainability Project Manager
For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
With higher stakes must come stronger commitments. This is the reason why L’Oréal has decided to take its efforts even further through a program called “L’Oréal for the Future”. Our commitments towards 2030 mark the beginning of a more radical transformation and embody our view as to what a company’s vision, purpose and responsibilities should be to meet the challenges facing the world.
At L’Oréal, we want to take on greater responsibility, go beyond the mere transformation of our business model. With our sustainability program, we want to demonstrate that companies can be part of the solution to some of today’s most pressing environmental and social challenges. You will be joining the sustainability R&I team to help drive our 2030 goals and vision.
This role will manage and liase with internal and external partners to drive formula sustainability for product & brand engagement. In this role you will work on strategizing, driving, and supporting various L’Oréal for the Future initiatives with certifications, retailer programs and internal initiatives. This role is based in Clark, New Jersey
You Will . . .
- Lead all aspects of certification processes across multiple brands and categories
- Work closely with innovative Raw Materials, Claims, and Regulatory departments to identify ingredient classification for various sustainability programs
- Define, execute and project manage ways of working across teams in R&I, corporate and external teams to achieve business goals and create new insights & opportunities
- Communicate and present project, process and status updates to the sustainability committee and colleagues from different geographic locations and different categories within the company
You Have . . .
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology, chemistry, or related field is required
- 3-5+ years’ experience is required
- Expertise in raw materials, including understanding their functional purpose and usage in cosmetic products
- Strong communication, presentation, and project management skills
- Candidates must be highly organized with strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Proven ability to collaborate with teams, navigate complex topics, and articulate complex topics simply to a range of audiences
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
You Are . . .
- Achieves results, with integrity
- Interacts effectively as a team player
- Displays scientific curiosity and passion for Sustainability and Formulation
- Able to own and drive projects from ideation to completion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.