Scaled Abuse Analyst
Los Angeles, CA
San Bruno, CA
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in SQL (e.g., SQL, MySQL, MapReduce).
- Experience with fraud and abuse dynamics in online platforms.
- Experience in data analysis and statistical modeling.
- Experience with classification systems, ranking systems, or similar.
- Experience collecting, managing, and synthesizing large data sets and information from disparate sources, statistical modeling, data mining, and data analysis.
- Experience with problem-solving and excellent quantitative skills, with the ability to translate analytical insights into business strategies and actions.
- Experience in project management, data management, metrics analysis, experiment design and automation.
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube’s Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As a Scaled Abuse Analyst, you will analyze data and scaled systems of review. You will be a contributor to the strategy for reducing network controversies on YouTube.
You might have to work non-standard hours and differing work rotations/shifts. You may be exposed to graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content during team escalations in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $114,000-$167,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Apply advanced statistical methods to large complex data sets to understand impact of abuse to the YouTube ecosystem. Contribute strategy and development of new workflows against additional known vectors of abuse.
- Learn complex and technical concepts and systems and deliver meaningful results using them. Communicate highly technical results and methods clearly.
- Maintain, foster and promote quality by providing regular feedback metrics to the Global team. Manage technological solutions for streamlining quality assurance and produce scalable training solutions to emergent workflows.
- Perform fraud and spam investigations using various data sources, identify product vulnerabilities and drive anti-abuse experiments to prevent abuse. Work with engineers and interact cross-functionally with stakeholders to improve workflows via process improvements, automation and anti-abuse system creation.
- Develop quality training materials, create consensus and maintain communication with business stakeholders.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To learn more about COVID vaccination requirements for US Google workplaces, read our Vaccination Entry Policy.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.