The Sanitation Technician will hold a pivotal role in ensuring compliance standards are met across sanitation practices at our Smiths Falls location. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a natural drive for teamwork as well as the ability to work independently.
- Cleans production area, rooms, hallways, restrooms, locker rooms, offices, stairways and windows on Production side
- Ensures adequate volume of footwear disinfectant for entering the growing areas
- Completes floor cleaning in all areas to ensure a minimum of contaminants
- Cleans windows and maintains the entry area daily according to cleaning schedule
- Empties wastebaskets
- Maintains the supplies of washroom items and ensure they are kept clean daily
- Maintains the kitchen supplies in all areas
- Ensures the loading dock area and product destruction areas are kept clean
- Picks up and delivers supplies and materials to rooms and maintains the main supply area for the office and growing areas
- Ensures adherence to safety rules and procedures
- Support cleaning of production rooms as required e.g. grow rooms, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- WHMIS training and general Health and Safety protocols
- Use of cleaning agents and the safe storage of materials
- Ergonomic approach to work assignments
- Safe use of tools and electrical equipment
- Ability to organize/prioritize workload
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 40 pounds (mop and bucket)
- Ability to work in a GMP compliant area wearing PPE such as Tyvek coverall, goggles
- Willing and able to work variable shifts
This is a full-time role based out of Smiths Falls, ON.
We appreciate your interest, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please notify your Talent Acquisition Partner. Please note, the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.