- Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces
- Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets
- Wash and sanitize break room, toilets, sinks and showers and restock disposables (e.g. soap)
- Wipe mirrors and windows
- Maintain outer premises by watering plants, mowing lawn, cleaning entrances as needed
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs (replacing broken switches, fixing door handles, minor leaks etc.)•Report major damages and oversee repairs
- Undertake occasional custodial and janitorial tasks (shoveling snow from the sidewalk, lifting heavy items, moving chairs etc.)
- Washes the employees’ uniforms in our onsite washer/dryer area and sorts by employee ensuring that employees have clean uniforms for their shift everyday
- May help in other departments as needed/Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail
- Interpret and follow complex, written, verbal and technical instructions
- Must be able to adhere to facility SOPs
- Learn complex technical procedures in a timely manner
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 1 year sanitation experience in a manufacturing setting
- Must be able to work quickly but efficiently, while maintaining the integrity of the product.
- Light to moderate lifting of up to 50 lbs; heavier weights with assistance.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Repetitive motions and understanding of lab equipment.
- Must wear company-provided lab coats, hair/beard nets, gloves, surgical masks and safety glasses/ goggles/ splash shield, while working in the lab.
- Must adhere to the Syracuse facility general hygiene requirements.
- Capacity to stay focused on the task at hand.