Freshly, a division of the Nestlé Group, is a fast-growing food company and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the US. It’s their mission to make eating healthy and convenient for people by delivering fresh, nutritious, and fully cooked meals directly to customers.
Freshly’s business model is a weekly subscription service with a menu offering more than 50 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all-natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils. In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit.
Since its founding in 2012, Freshly has grown to more than 1,300 employees, achieved a significant annual revenue stream, and has established itself as a key winner in the direct-to-consumer (DTC) food category. As the largest DTC prepared meal company in the United States, Freshly has shipped over 100 million meals since its founding in 2012. They are positioned to accelerate their growth and capture more market share while simultaneously widening margins through operational scale.
The company’s supply chain is vertically integrated with world class manufacturing facilities and ownership of the distribution channel from farm to fork. This allows Freshly to provide nutritious meals while reducing the food waste caused by the outdated grocery supply chain. All meals are cooked to order and are delivered fresh, never frozen.
Headquartered in New York City, Freshly recently became part of the Nestlé family in 2020 and is a core part of their strategic growth plans as they look to drive the evolution of and innovation in the food industry.
This leadership position will manage the operational and fiscal activities of the department while planning, developing and executing systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform the essential functions listed below and additional job-related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and or as necessary.
- Organize staff scheduling to include: work assignments, training, vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, and back up for absent employees
- Supervise staff in accordance with company policies, procedures & GMP’s
- Coach and develop your team
- Oversee all recordkeeping in accordance with Freshly policies and regulatory requirements
- Direct and train staff in the preparation of all required reporting
- Execution of all company disciplinary procedures
- Maintain a team environment and high employee morale
- Display & demand professional conduct and appropriate language at all times
- Oversee employee cleaning assignments and inspect areas to ensure sanitary operating conditions.
- Assist in sanitation activities as needed.
- Ensure the flawless execution of facility HACCP, FSP and all related programs, including Environmental Monitoring Program and Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Identification of food safety and quality risks
- Analyze and document department processes and problems. Assist to develop solutions to enhance efficiencies
- Ensure staff performs job functions in accordance with company policies, GMP’s, and personal safety procedures
- Lead training of all new department hires in accordance with SOP (CIC) instructions, Safety, PPE and LOTO
- Cross training and rotation of tasks for all employees within your designated area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or related field preferred
- Certification in HACCP, PCQI or other related programs.
- In depth knowledge of plant sanitation, HACCP, FSMA, SSOP and GMP program writing
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in food manufacturing environment, preferably in plant sanitation
- Strong reading, writing and arithmetic skills
- Experience in supervising project & team activities
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- English, Bilingual a plus
- Working knowledge of food regulations, such as FDA, USDA and FSMA
- Knowledge of all equipment in area of responsibility
- Knowledge of Proper Chemical Usage and Chemical Safety
- Key leadership competencies in addition to high ethical standards, strong values, integrity, drive to deliver results, pride in personal and team performance, decision quality, building effective teams, and action orientation are fundamental imperatives.