The Sanitation Manager is responsible for in overseeing and ensuring the sanitation team completes all necessary duties in a productive and effective manner. You will be responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the operational management and business activities of the production department in their assigned facility.
- Motivate sanitation team by providing encouragement, being a servant leader, and giving constructive feedback.
- Responsible for driving the sanitation to perform productively and efficiently.
- Direct and implement SOPs, methods, policies, objectives to advance their department, and ensure continuing operations to increase productivity and guarantee regulatory compliance.
- Provide coaching, guidance, and development opportunities to Assistant Managers, Leads, and Specialists.
- Inspect and ensure all sanitation equipment is in good operating order.
- Clean and supply designated building areas, including but not limited to dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, and cleaning ceiling vents and restrooms.
- Perform and document routine inspection activities.
- Support harvest in sanitation of gardens as needed.
- Ensure quality, safety, GMPs and ISO standards are followed.
- Utilize various machines and sanitation equipment such as sprayers, power mops, steam cleaners, etc.
- Ensure that all QC/QA protocols are being followed and maintained.
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or repair needs.
- Stock and maintain supply rooms.
- Follow and enforce all rules and regulations for production, health and safety, and additional requirements set by the State and municipality in which we operate.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- 3+ years’ experience as a manager or supervisor.
- Previous knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- Must be able to operate and maintain heavy equipment and machinery in a safe manner.
- Prior experience sanitizing a commercial cannabis facility.
- Comfortable with heights, soil and water, and tight spaces.
- Able to climb, squat, bend, twist, stand for at least 8 hours per day, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to successfully register with the state’s cannabis commission as an agent.
- Must be able to comply with all laws, regulations, and policies associated with the industry.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience as a manager or supervisor.
- Prior experience in sanitizing and cleaning a commercial warehouse or production facility.
- Previous experience in janitorial, custodial, and/or maintenance fields preferred.
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) knowledge preferred.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 50 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.