Sales Support Specialist
At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
What you’ll learn & achieve:
Works within established procedures under moderate supervision to support UL’s sales professionals in all administrative processes, including quote generation, order processing and booking, post-sales customer service support and anywhere else administrative assistance is required. Applies their experience and knowledge to identify any and resolve problems and work toward continuous process improvement.
- Engages with customers via telephone or electronic inquiries for the purpose of taking orders, order fulfilment, or admin-related post-sales activities
- Under moderate supervision, develops and shares quotes for specified categories of leads using standardized pricing tools
- Processes orders into the ERP after quote acceptance, ensures clients receive follow-up of sent quotes and assists in turning quotes into orders
- Supports account managers and owners by performing administrative-related tasks
- Works with customer to get agreements such as GSAv2 and L37's signed and uploaded into Oracle Contracts Workbench
- Tracks previous orders and supplies data from internal data sources when directed by account owners and representatives to facilitate deeper knowledge of accounts and account opportunities
- Supports on post-sale inquiries that are received through either phone, email, or contact us form submissions with respect to invoicing, multiple listing, name/address changes, file transfers, myUL support queries, FUS estimates, file/volume withdrawals, reinstatements, alternate listing, Product iQ support etc.
What makes you a great fit:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of related experience
- Experience working in an order management system like Oracle is desired
- Business acumen and a sufficient understanding of business sales processes
- Strong written and verbal communication and administrative skills
- Able to effectively multitask and complete work in a timely manner
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), and CRM software (Salesforce CRM preferred)
- UL has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place to ensure the safety of our employees, customers and clients. Effective November 1, 2021, the company mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment (except where prohibited by law), subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law)
What you’ll experience working at UL:
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
UL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female/Minority/disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity