Reports to: Boutique Manager or Department Manager
Working with the Boutique Manager and or Assistant Manager/Department Manager, the Sales Supervisor is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day management of the boutique and the achievement of sales goals for specific product categories. The Sales Supervisor ensures the highest level of customer service in line with Christian Dior expectations:
- Meet sales targets and minimize stock losses
- Demonstrate excellent product and range knowledge
- Participate to staffing, scheduling, merchandising and inventory
- Supervise, coach and motive the team members
Tasks and responsibilities
Commercial Performance and Team Management:
- Increase sales and measure sales performance and conversion rates daily.
- Provide and inspire outstanding service to our customers.
- Assist in assigning and monitoring sales goals of Sales Associates
- Responsible for clientele development
- Participate in the preparation of merchandise displays and presentations, exercising independent judgment and discretion in applying merchandising concepts and guidelines.
- Train, coach, develop, and lead sales associates in selling skills
- Conduct and/or participate in regular store meetings to discuss performance, sales training, product knowledge, merchandising, and to convey other necessary information to management staff and associates.
- Facilitate proper communication between management and associates.
Clientele Service and Management:
- Participate in the coordination of sales promotion activities, which include seasonal sales, trunk shows, contests, including proper use of in-store signs advertising sales and promotions.
- Train the team on optimizing Capture Rate and After Sale do develop personal customer database
Product and Stock Management:
- Gather merchandise for transfers, damages, and returns-to-vendor (RTV’s).
- Oversee and participate in department inventories.
- Monitor proper pricing of merchandise
- Minimize stock losses
- Oversee compliance of associates with established Company policies and standards, such as safekeeping of Company funds and property, personnel practices, merchandise handling, security, sales and record-keeping procedures.
- Help solve problems that affect the department’s service, efficiency, and productivity.
- Lock and secure the store, and oversee compliance with all security procedures.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time.
Skills and competencies
- Develop and train associates, build relationships, utilize skills of associates most appropriately
- Provide outstanding customer service
- effectively manage sales staff toward achievement of sales and clienteling objectives
- Manage boutique operations effectively including attendance, merchandising, and housekeeping standards
- Merchandize effectively
- Maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force
- Adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understand material, and provide instructions to associates
- Operate all equipment necessary to perform the job, including POS systems, PC, phone systems, cash register, sensor-tag remover, and all other office equipment.
- 4+ years of retail experience required, preferably with at least 1 year of management, in a luxury product setting.
- Sense of initiative and commercial creativity with fashion sensitivity
- Strong knowledge of the luxury industry with fashion sensitivity consistent with the brand.
- Demonstration of own initiative
- Ability to maintain presence on selling floor for long periods as needed.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills