Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Responsible for coaching guest-centric programs such as nutrition standards, companion animal sales, seasonal promotions, and services to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Leads with an Omni Channel sales mindset to solve for the guest needs. (Examples include, but are not limited to: Services, Vet Services, Loyalty Programs, BOPUS, Extended Aisle, and Repeat Delivery).
- Responsible as Leader on Duty for supporting Pet Care Center execution, training, communication and implementation of company initiatives, programs, policies, procedures, safety practices, guest escalations and promotions.
- Process register transactions in a way that creates a great experience for each guest.
- Be a role model within our selling model and support guest interactions as needed.
- Supports training, coaching, recognition, and development of all directly reporting partners required to run the Pet Care Center efficiently and to Petco standards.
- Promote a positive leadership culture of teamwork, inclusion, and collaboration by supporting priorities and providing clear direction aligned across all departments that demonstrates an extreme passion for people and pets.
- Supports the ongoing replenishment and brand standards in partnership with the operations team within the Pet Care Center.
- Sales Solution Leaders are expected to display and champion the Petco Leadership Expectations.
Other Essential Duties
- MODEL INSPIRING LEADERSHIP. Model leadership and selling behaviors to Pet Care Center partners and associates. Provide leadership to maintain a positive business climate that motivates Pet Care Center teams in alignment with our company goals. Serve as an effective advocate for change and growth.
- PROMOTE SAFETY. Ensure Petco policies, procedures and safety standards are closely observed and executed, and all new policies and procedures are properly implemented in the Pet Care Center. Bottom line, the safety of partners, guests and pets is our #1 priority.
- FOSTER A COLLABORATIVE CULTURE. Establish and promote a culture that encourages partners to seek and formulate ideas and opportunities that increase efficiency and that improve guest engagement, guest satisfaction and company image. Ensure a culture that values and promotes teamwork.
- PRIORITIZE TALENT DEVELOPMENT. Ensure a strong talent bench with partners who can successfully execute the company’s plans, meet objectives, and manage an engaged workforce. Ensure continuation of excellence in Petco’s partners through developmental programs and leadership opportunities.
- ENGAGE AND BE PRESENT. Represent Petco’s brand and image at a high level through strong culture and positive leadership. Lead our team in a way that is committed to high standards within a fun working environment.
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or its equivalent required; some college level business/management courses preferred.
- 1 or more years of management experience or the equivalent is required, with 2 or more years preferred.
- Must be licensed to operate a motor vehicle.
- Proficiency in communication skills, organizational skills, and computer skills required to include: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other applications as needed.
- Demonstrates proficiency in areas of general business practices, basic business & finance acumen, analysis and problem-solving skills, and high focus on people development & guest service.
- A qualified applicant will possess an aptitude for demonstrating strong guest service and the ability to instruct others.
- The Sales Solutions Leader directly supervises the Sales Solutions Specialists, and Dog Trainers.
- The Sales Solutions Leader will work in close partnership and be responsible for influencing the Vetco and Vet Hospital guest strategies.
- Provides quick and courteous service to all guests throughout the Pet Care Center
- Ensures high merchandising standards are maintained throughout the Pet Care Center
- Ensures that the Pet Care Center is opened and / or closed in accordance with established P&Ps as it applies to SFS operations.
- In partnership with the Pet Care Center leaders, ensure proper Pet Care Center attendance processes are being maintained.
- Adhere to and promote established safety procedures for partners, guests, and pets.
This role is expected to provide support during key sales hours, with weekend availability. Most job duties are conducted indoors, although occasional merchandise stocking, customer carry-outs, and bank deposits will require that a partner leave the Pet Care Center briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time, there may be risk of injury resulting from failure to follow safety precautions and procedures. A limited amount of travel will be required.
This position has continuous contact with the public at the Pet Care Center and at Pet Care Center -related events, and regular contact and exchange of information with other departments in the field, Distribution Centers, and at the Support Centers. Contact outside of PETCO may be required to coordinate merchandise returns, ordering parts, Pet Care Center repairs, coordination of vaccination clinics, Pet Care Center events, vendor meetings, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.