10 major new medicines planned for launch over the next few years creating new career opportunities for those who want to make a direct impact on patients at scale. We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine!
The Cardiovascular Institutional Sales Specialist (ISS) will be responsible for driving appropriate access pull-through in targeted hospital with the cardiovascular brand portfolio. Responsibilities will include driving demand by developing, coordinating, and implementing a strategic business plan for identified top strategic hospitals within assigned cardiovascular academic and government institutions. The Institutional Sales Specialist will collaborate with cardiovascular Sales, Marketing, US Market Access, Patient Services, and other home office personnel, as appropriate, to implement institution-centric programs aligned with Business Unit strategic imperatives, Legal and Compliance policies.
This is a remote opportunity.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Accountable for building institutional advocacy around formulary adoption of cardiovascular brands to help drive appropriate utilization of approved products.
- Drive demand by developing, coordinating, and implementing a strategic business plan for identified top strategic hospitals within assigned cardiovascular academic and government institutions.
- Works with local partners to create and maintain strategically targeted institutional-specific business plans that reflect an in-depth understanding of local market forces that influence product sales.
- Demonstrates expertise and knowledge of disease state, the marketplace, competitors, industry, and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and optimally complete business opportunities and challenges.
- Performs sales efforts by providing product and disease state presentations detailing approved clinical information to physicians and their staff, while building key business relationships within the Hospital, including key clinicians, administration personnel, and key influencers/decision-makers to network across organization and collaborate on initiatives where opportunities align.
- Lead cross-functional Area Team Meetings (ATMs) for the assigned hospital accounts, creating, implementing, and updating business plans to achieve product access and sales goals.
- Conduct periodic needs assessments with key customers to tailor and communicate customer insights and hospital-related activities to field-based and headquarters-based partners and engage with them to implement new strategies and tactics to pursue business opportunities.
- Provide support to Area Business Leaders in identifying key business opportunities and diagnosing critical business and implementation issues within assigned hospitals and surrounding markets/landscape.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Policy (customer-facing roles only): While Novartis does not require vaccination for COVID-19 or proof of a recent negative test result for COVID-19 at this time, employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated.
This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to Eh.email@example.com.
Novartis Compensation and Benefit Summary: The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between: Institutional Sales Specialist: $124,000 and $186,000/year | Senior Institutional Sales Specialist: $136,800 and $205,200/year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Life Sciences, Pharmacy, or business-related field).
- 5+ years of specialty cardiovascular sales experience of which 2+ years in hospital sales within the past 5 years. Internal Novartis Sales Associates are eligible if the current cardiovascular Novartis sales associate has successfully completed Novartis ISS Training Program and has 5+ years of experience in specialty cardiovascular sales.
- Robust business background, with strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within sophisticated matrix environments.
- Must have a high degree of understanding of the cardiovascular community.
- Strong record of accomplishment of therapeutic area/product knowledge expertise.
- This is a remote position that will support key accounts in an assigned region. Candidate must reside within territory, or within a reasonable daily commuting distance of 50 miles from territory boarder. Ability to travel 60-80% over a broad geography is required, with the ability to drive and/or fly within the territory. No relocation assistance available. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Leveling Guidelines: the position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
Institutional Sales Specialist:
- 5+ years of experience in specialty cardiovascular sales of which 2+ years in hospital sales within the past 5 years.
- Internal: Current cardiovascular Novartis sales associate that has successfully completed Novartis ISS Training Program and has 5+ years of experience in specialty cardiovascular sales.
Senior Institutional Sales Specialist:
- 10+ years of experience in specialty cardiovascular sales of which 2+ years in hospital sales within the past 5 years.
Why Consider Novartis?
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity, and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams’ representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org call +1(877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
For Field Roles with a Dedicated Training Period: The individual hired for this role will be required to successfully complete certain initial training, including home study, in eight (8) or fewer hours per day and forty (40) or fewer hours per week.