Sony Biotechnology is looking for a candidate to assume primary responsibility for Flow Cytometry Instrumentation sales, instrument prospecting and account management for our San Francisco Bay area territory. This is a field-based position preferably based the Bay area.
This role requires experience with Capital Equipment Sales within the Academic, Pharmaceutical and/or Biotech industries.
- Achieve forecasted sales goals for territory while preserving acceptable gross profit levels.
- Plan and execute sales activities that will ensure sales growth objectives.
- Be able to properly demonstrate features and benefits of Company instrumentation to customers.
- Meet customer requirements (responsive, schedule conscious, etc.).
- Provide forecasts, reports, marketing intelligence and information to supervisor and other Company personnel as required.
- Utilize contact management system with regularity by updating contact info, adding notes, customer information, etc.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customer relationships.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- Attend and represent the Company at periodic local and national vendor shows and meetings.
- BA/BS degree or higher (life sciences preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in selling capital equipment in life science.
- Understanding of the Flow cytometry marketplace preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Manage time, activities, and expenses to optimize productivity and minimize the cost of doing business.
- Valid driver’s license
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the US
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $120,000 to $155,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
Right to Work (English/Spanish)
E-Verify Participation (English/Spanish)
The company requires individuals in customer-facing roles to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccination status or any indication of a possible request for a vaccination accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.