Sales Operations Manager
The Sales Operations Manager will lead the Trade Promotions Management from both a forecasting standpoint as well as promotions and trade programs. The position will lead a team to input and update with the latest customer information while training and developing the members of the team to achieve forecast accuracy. Development and leading the sales pipeline with input from the Channel Leads and Directors to accurately size and probability weight new business opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Power User of TPM (Trade Promotion Management tool CW uses Exceedra) who will lead Sales Analysts to input with accuracy, identify opportunities for improved accuracy, lead monthly QC session and develop tools to look at forecast by channel / key customers three to 12 months forward
- Lead training of TPM analysts to grow in role with accuracy and understanding of areas for improvement
- Lead the development, execution and maintenance of Sales Team plans by segment with assistance and input of the team
- Create and update standardized reports using internal and external data sources and provide ad-hoc reporting
- Design, develop and maintain sales reporting tools to drive understanding and accountability, that leverages cross functional collaboration with Finance and Operations teams
- Clarify variances in volume expectations for the Demand Planning team
- Develop and maintain Pipeline with alignment from the President of Sales, hold bi-weekly meetings with Channel Leads and Directors to update Pipeline opportunities and outcomes
- Performs and shares ROI analysis and insights on customer promotional activity
- Keep sales team informed about total company financial performance & how the channel contributed
- Manage the Accrual / Release process with sales and finance each month
- Update and own the Master Data / Spec sheet, adding new innovation whenever necessary
- Own key sales / NAV set up items, as well as GS1, 1WorldSync, Werc Smart etc.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert on TPM/Training/Customer Inputs
- Own TPM data integrity to ensure clean education clearance process
- Execute the Annual B2B Sales Planning Process
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 3-6 years' experience with emphasis on Trade Marketing and Sales Operations within a CPG Headquarters environment.
- In depth knowledge of retailer go to market strategies and class of trade /channel dynamics
- Demonstrated strong analytical, financial management, business acumen and problem solving skills ability to take data and draw insightful action items
- Strong understanding of syndicated data systems and reporting methodologies and how to integrate within forecasting model and customer buying patterns
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills) and ability to lead idea leadership and teams towards process building, improvement and skill building
- Have executed successfully an annual topline sales planning process
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint High Level excel skills to include pivot tables, macro builds
- Experience with TPM systems
$100,000.00 - $115,000.00
We offer best-in-class benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Options
- Flexible Paid Vacation
- Up to 9 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Generous Employee Discount
- Pet Insurance
Charlottes Web provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Charlottes Web is an At-Will Employer.