A pet owner’s most trusted advisor is often their veterinarian. As a Territory Sales Manager for our Veterinary Sales Team, you are the face behind our brand as these providers consider Pro Plan Veterinary Diets®. Proper nutrition is key to optimal dog and cat health. It is an idea carried throughout our entire line of veterinary pet food—specialized nutrition that makes a difference. Pro Plan Veterinary Diets® include products focused on dietary management of dogs and cats with specific health problems. This role will provide you an incredible portfolio of formulas to represent each of them backed by scientific research and Purina’s unparalleled pet expertise. Globally, Nestlé has 27 research, development, and technology centers along with over 500 scientists dedicated to ensuring top quality and creating innovative approaches to make the lives of dogs and cats better.
Through continuous training, Territory Sales Managers will develop an expertise in our diets and strategic sales plans, just as you’ll need to understand our channel partners’ goals, so that we are simultaneously creating a healthier pet community and gaining market share. You’ll achieve this through your high level of professionalism, entrepreneurial spirit, advocacy, and business acumen as you leverage Purina’s advancing technology and industry-leading innovation to nurture relationships with current clients and build new client business.
- Promote Pro Plan Veterinary Diet® product line
- Grow the Purina Veterinary business by using innovative sales and marketing concepts to achieve assigned goals in all key measures
- Call on existing and potential clients to create targeted, brand-building sales and marketing programs to drive volume and hit quantitative and qualitative sales goals
- Develop and implement strategic business plans within assigned geography
- Create a positive Purina experience by providing top-tier customer service to clients through a consultative selling approach
- Work cross-functionally with regional teams, distributor channel, and counterparts across the country
- Influence with integrity by identifying each clinic’s business needs, and then leveraging consumer insights and trends to support your recommendations
- Develop and foster business relationships with key decision makers to gain active recommendations of Purina to veterinary clients
- Provide Nutritional Pet Food Diet expertise to Veterinarians and their staff through clinic calls, product detailing/comparisons, In-Hospital Trainings and Special Events
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1+ years of sales experience required
- You are required to have a valid state driver’s license, a satisfactory driving record and carry automobile insurance in the following amounts:
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per occurrence
- $50,000 property damage
- Must be able to travel, including overnight as needed to manage the assigned territory
- Must have reliable transportation in order to manage the assigned territory
- In order to be considered for this role, you must be willing to relocate:
- If you currently reside in the territory, you may need to be open to relocate for future advancement opportunities
- If you currently do not reside in the territory, you will need to relocate to the territory upon offer acceptance and for future advancement opportunities
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.