Who We Are
Reporting to the Director of National Accounts, Away from Home, the Sales Manager, Customer Development National Accounts will own building and managing National Partnerships for Peet’s Away from Home (AFH) Business. The role will be responsible for networking, prospecting, selling, and developing solidifying and growing national accounts partnerships. In addition, this role will build sales proposals to deliver strategic accounts that include return on investment analysis, programs and plans needed to deliver the new partnership win and to support partner growth.
This role is accountable for achieving sales and profit targets and enabling the achievement of overall Away from Home business goals and will work collaboratively with Away from Home Marketing, National Accounts, Finance and Operations to ensure new partnerships deliver on consumer, revenue and profit goals.
What You Will Do
- Develop and feed sales pipeline through leveraging our current national account partners in key Away from Home Sectors – to include but not limited to Compass, Aramark and Sodexo, emerging and multi-faceted segments.
- Develop selling strategy to win new accounts through our national partnerships and strategic selling presentations that showcase our portfolio.
- Analyze and understand needs of national partnership prospects and segments and deliver recommendations on programs and plans needed to deliver new accounts through relationships.
- Deliver new business goals by winning large new accounts through national agreements.
- Manage national partnerships to drive growth for both Peet’s and Partner by working cross functionally with marketing, operations, finance, and the sales operations team.
- Identify trends and shifts in target sectors to keep Peet’s ahead of industry coffee trends.
- Ad hoc projects in partnership with marketing team!
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 7 years national partnership sales experience preferably in Foodservice or Away from Home segment.
- Proven track record of delivering results & meeting sales & profit goals
- Strategic and consultative sales experience building relationships and business plans for large retail, CPG or Foodservice companies or Quick Serve Restaurant chains
- Understanding of strategic selling principles and how to use data and insights and translate those into compelling customer presentations.
- Experience managing a plan and creating business plans for customers and teams.
- Desire to “roll up sleeves” and get things done, but also the ability take ownership and lead
- Experience working cross-functionally with Marketing, Operations, Finance and Sales to develop programs and plans for external customers.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and to influence effectively and broadly within an organization and with senior leadership at our customers.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Powerpoint
- Consultative and persuasive selling skills
- Experience leading teams/individuals to deliver results
- Proven ability to influence and lead others to drive strategy and execution of plans
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven competence in Operational Performance (time management, action orientation, results driven)
- Willingness to travel regularly within region and nationally as required
Peet’s Home Office is a Hybrid worksite, which requires any Home Office employees to work onsite (Emeryville, CA) 3 days a week with the exception of any fully-remote role.
At Peet’s we hire the best people and are committed to supporting our employees and rewarding them for their work. The target annual base salary range for this position is $95,000-120,000. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the applicant’s qualifications for the position; years of relevant experience; specific and unique skills; level of education attained; certifications or other professional licenses held; other legitimate, non-discriminatory business factors specific to the position; and the geographic location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will perform the job. Peet’s offers a generous benefits package to full-time employees, which includes comprehensive health, dental and vision plans; a superior 401(k) plan, various paid time off programs; employee discount/perks; life insurance; disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; and an employee referral bonus program.