Solicitation of new accounts; maintains and strengthens relationships with existing accounts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Travel to meet with or call individual corporate clients by telephone to solicit annual, week day and weekend business.
- Interview, train, resolve problems and provide open communication to newly hired catering associates when appropriate.
- Meet and greet clients, conduct property tours, and promote facilities and services.
- Answers client inquiries.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Develop client menus, write contracts and letters, as well as organize all other arrangements as they relate to social and corporate events.
- Supervise and attend the overall set up and implementation of events and meetings.
- Communicate with relevant departments to ensure proper servicing of accounts.
- Prepare and present weekly and monthly Catering/Sales reports.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Extensive knowledge of Food and Beverage etiquette, guest relations and service standards.
Strong interpersonal skills to assess client needs, negotiate pricing and provide overall guest satisfaction. Effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Presents a professional appearance and manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)