In your role as Motorsports Sales Lead at The North West Company, You will assist in the execution of category plans and management strategies that support Motorsports sales targets, inventory turns and gross profit targets. Working closely with our store network to deliver excellent customer service, grow market share targets and build consumer loyalty.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighborhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Manage the allocation of Motorsports Big-Ticket units to stores that maintain their inventory levels within the budget, thereby supporting store sales.
- Manage special projects (Winter Road/Sealift)
- Work closely with the Logistics and Operations teams to guarantee that products are available in the market as required.
- Assess the item aging report and then execute appropriate actions as needed.
- Provide coaching and training to store employees, focusing on sales techniques, inventory management, and product knowledge.
- Manage product files for store utilization, allowing for swift access to product details to enhance sales capture. Additionally, create and maintain departmental documents to support the overall business operations.
- Make product recommendations for promotional activities during Event Nights and in Flyers, ensuring adherence to ad submission deadlines, and conducting necessary ad proofing when needed.
- Coordinate the creation of catalogues, posters, sell sheets, and price drop initiatives with the necessary groups and the marketing department.
- Develop, oversee, and keep store profiles up-to-date, while also customizing product offerings for each store using sales data, store insights, and category knowledge. Additionally, extract sales data to generate reports as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in Procurement & Marketing field
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field is considered an asset
- Experience in selling snowmobiles, ATVs, boats, outboards, as well as providing customer assistance with parts and accessories.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in analyzing sales trend data to predict product requirements for upcoming seasons.
- Ability to oversee numerous projects, tasks, and assignments while adhering to tight deadlines in a fast-paced setting.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills, coupled with proven organizational, planning and prioritizing skills
- Must exhibit attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy, along with a proven capability to safeguard confidential information.
- Must be able to travel within Canada and US
- Travel up to 30 days per year
Location: 2010 Notre Dame Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3H 0J8
Reports to: Motorsports Sales Manager
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
- Being Enterprising • Committing to our Customer • Working with Passion • Leading and Developing Others • Demonstrating Respect and Inclusivity • Building Trust
The North West Company is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all candidates including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, and persons with disabilities.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: Prior to applying, an internal employee MUST obtain a written endorsement email from their current Manager or Manager – once – removed and provide this to the recruitment team before they can be considered for opportunities. This position adheres to the Corporate Job Posting Guidelines.