Sales Floor Lead
Reports To: Retail Sales Manager and Retail Sales Supervisor
Schedule & Travel: Full-Time, Minimal Travel, Open Availability (nights, weekends, holidays)
Farma's mission is to improve people's lives by reframing their relationship with cannabis. At Farma this passion manifests in our values:
- We value wellness. We want to put people in control of cannabis because we know it can improve lives.
- We value science. We know that anecdotes are powerful, but data and evidence can be transformative.
- We value community. We provide safe access in a modern and comfortable environment.
We're hoping to find our next team member passionate about the modern science of cannabis to join us in serving our community. We can't wait to connect with you! Learn more at www.farmapdx.com.
Farma is a member of the Groundworks Industries (GW) family of brands. GW is home to a collection of brands that seek to provide knowledgeable, and artful experiences that set new standards for the purchase and experience of cannabis. We are looking for folks who are passionate about cannabis education and want to help us move the dial forward on building an inclusive and professional cannabis culture.
Retail Sales Lead
The Retail Sales Lead acts as a shift leader, deploying the crew throughout the shift in a way that best supports customers and team members. This job supports Store Management in leading a team of retail associates to maintain a superior cannabis experience for our customers, and acts as Manager on Duty in the absence of Store Management.
Compensation and Benefits
Retail team members participate in a unique compensation program that allows you to earn tenure-triggered performance increases and have the opportunity to earn team-based bonuses!
In addition to your base wage, we also offer a great benefits package to round out employee total compensation. Full-time team members are eligible for partially employer-sponsored Medical/Vision Insurance as well as voluntary dental insurance. Additionally, the company offers complimentary Short-term disability, Long-term disability, and Life Insurance for all full-time team members. We even have a wellness program that allows you to earn cash bonuses by walking! Full-time team members also receive Paid Time Off, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, and a generous employee discount at all our locations!
An excellent candidate for this position will have:
- A demonstrated ability to deliver a differentiated customer service experience and the ability to coach others to offer the same level of excellent service
- The ability to lead others by coaching in the moment, developing staff and curating cultures of accountability and results.
- The skills required to manage highly regulated inventory, including attention to detail and above average organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to give and receive constructive feedback in an efficient, meaningful, and timely manner
The experience we often see correlated with success in this role is:
- Retail and customer service work that includes de-escalation and conflict resolution experience
- People leadership and supervisory experience
- Cash handling and opening and closing experience
- Cannabis industry or traditional retail experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms
- Familiarity with Point of Sale systems and various in-store technology platforms
The important requirements for this role include:
- All cannabis industry employees must be age 21 or older and hold or obtain a valid OLCC Marijuana Handler's permit
- Open availability including working nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to obtain METRC certification within 30 days of hire
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, and kneel daily in retail and production environments that include concrete or other hard-surface floors and, in some instances, staircases
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds multiple times daily
- Ability to maintain focus and memory in environments with distractions such as heavy foot traffic, background noise due to public conversations and the gathering of people, etc.
- Absent conditions that would prevent the occasional use of PPE such as safety glasses, masks, etc.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work at a computer for several contiguous hours
Groundworks Industries and our family of brands are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are rooted in business needs, role requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, mental or physical disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you need any assistance or accommodations in the application and interview process please reach out to us at HR@gw-ind.com or 971-254-4290, it would be our pleasure to partner with you!