The Sales Executive is responsible for finding and acquiring new business sales prospects into clients in accordance with the company client acquisition process. The Sales Executive works as part of the regional sales team which includes account management. The focus is to execute sales activity in a defined market segment and or geographic territory and to drive customers through to successful billing of their Visa Direct solution.
- Develop a lead acquisition plan for the territory
- Ensure the number and quality of leads on the company CRM solution is regarded by the sales manager, and sales director as appropriate for the territory and candidates skill level
- Develop an effective pipeline of prospects
- Ensure the number of quality of pipeline opportunities on the company CRM solution is regarded by the sales manager as appropriate for the territory and candidates skill level
- Progress opportunities – The sales professional demonstrates that they can incrementally move each opportunity through the Client Acquisition methodology, covering off all aspects that it and the sales leadership group require
- Close business – The sales professional achieves closed contracts with minimum term commitments, in line with the company sales plan and objectives as laid out by sales management
- Coach Client and Account Management to delivery - The sales professional has continued to work the contracted client through the Client Acquisition methodology, and has fostered a strong client relationship which is then subsequently handed over to Account Management as set out in the company Client Acquisition methodology
- Communicate - The sales professional consistently demonstrates that where appropriate that they are communicating across the internal and customer organisations to achieve mutual understanding of the opportunity and company goals
- Process & Reporting - The sales professional must and follow use the company provided tools (e.g. CRM) and procedures including pipeline reporting and sales documentation in line with the company process
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Competent in using Salesforce.com, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Track record of achieving your revenue targets
- A minimum of five years working in a sales team environment
- A minimum of three years working within the financial services industry
- Experience selling into, or within the domain of enterprise technology
- Experience in Web service solutions
- Experience in selling within the B2B environment
- Experience in, and the ability to travel to foreign locations on a short term basis as required.
- Excellent personal time management
- Organised and effective at online, email, verbal, voice, telephone, and face to face communications
- Ability to articulate simple solutions to seemingly complex problems
- Listening skills, ability and experience in advanced sales questioning & sales methodologies
- Strong listening skills
- Must be team player with interpersonal skills to consult with a range of cultural banks, institutions and corporate organisations
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience working within a financial services organisation, particularly cash management is an advantage
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Excellent time management
This position is open to other U.S. locations for the ideal candidate.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.