Responsible for aggressive development of new clients and growing existing business with small to medium category and key regional accounts, based on assigned geography and customer base (i.e., health, entertainment, travel, etc.).
As a Sales Executive, you will proactively develop new business prospects. You will meet with prospective and current clients to close direct sales of products and/or services, in order to meet individual/team goals and the organization's business objectives. You will also create, monitor and revise lead generation plans to ensure a substantive sales opportunity pipeline.
- Manages multiple accounts with a mid/large book of business. Services existing relationships and seeks new opportunities to sell deeper into our portfolio of products with the ultimate goal of growing digital and print revenue.
- Maximizes revenue by monitoring and evaluating changes in market, emerging trends, competitive shifts and customer challenges and opportunities.
- Establishes territory growth strategies include market share growth, preprint optimization, pursuing customer data, and strategies for leveraging LAT product portfolio.
- Identifies customer needs through pre-call planning, utilization of marketing resources, competitive analysis and customer feedback in order to connect meaningful media solutions across the LAT portfolio. May include agency interface.
- Applies extensive understanding of account base and related industries to identify trends and patterns within specific verticals.
- Enhances sales staff accomplishments by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members. May be assigned key staff members to lead/mentor.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Works collaboratively across the organization to build meaningful cross-platform new and existing client solutions.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task with strong time and project management skills and financial business acumen skills.
- Creative flair and enthusiasm.
- Extensive Industry and product knowledge; print, digital, experiential.
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing a CRM and Microsoft Office products to manage day-to-day activities.
- Ability to excel in a highly competitive environment and adaptability to a rapidly evolving media landscape.
- Effective relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated success in meeting revenue goals.
- Excellent analytical, written, oral, communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
- Travel may be necessary.
The Company is a mandatory vaccination employer for COVID-19 and its variants. The Company requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation we will engage in the interactive process with you. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date. The Company may also mandate that its employees receive vaccine boosters, and all accommodation laws will be followed.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team at the Los Angeles Times! We look forward to reviewing your application.