Location: Canada/USA (Remote), EST/PST working hours
Girlboss is a community of ambitious women and your navigator for the future of work. We’re here to spark the thrill of possibility, to inspire and inform, so that you can find success on your terms.
As a modern media brand, Girlboss creates engaging, resonant content for our audience of 2M+ across multiple channels. These include our website, where we post long-reads, how-tos and profiles, and Girlboss Daily, our must-read morning newsletter. Girlboss Radio is our iconic podcast, which brings listeners career advice they can actually use, via conversations between host, Avery Francis, and an impressive roster of guests. We also engage our community through Girlboss Goods, a marketplace of products by women-founded small businesses as well and Girlboss Jobs, a job board of dream postings to help our community level up.
We believe in transparency and feedback, taking extreme ownership, being positive problem solvers, infinite learners, under-promising and over-delivering and having fun along the way.
Girlboss is powered by a small and mighty fully remote global team.
Reporting to the Director of Brand Partnerships, the Sales Executive will be responsible for driving revenue to hit targets and in a way that will organically add value to our partners, our readers, and our community.
We’re seeking a relentlessly motivated and proven seller who is ready to roll up their sleeves, think outside of the box, and get creative with branded partnerships and native ad campaigns. This role is perfect for an individual who is driven by growth, and who loves working towards (and achieving) tangible and measurable revenue goals. This will be achieved through some combination of leveraging deep agency and/or brand connections as well as introducing the Girlboss community to a wide array of brands and advertisers.
- Deliver on aggressive monthly revenue goals by proactively seeking partnerships with brands through ad/media sales and various strategic brand partnerships
- Accurately forecast revenue, managing pipeline short and long term, CRM, and, create a bottoms up and path to goal, focusing on key accounts that drive the business forward
- Creative solution selling approaches that pique the interest of brands not already working with Girlboss to build out the partnership portfolio of clients
- Use a consultative approach by offering strategic media and win-win solutions with all clients
- Liaise with cross-functional teams on executing strategic initiatives
- Deliver the highest level of sales and operational customer service
- Regular reporting and tracking of KPIs across brand partnership campaigns and pipeline
- Create and lead best-in-class, beautiful, and memorable presentation and pitch materials
- Relentlessly evangelize the Girlboss mission and vision to clients, internal and external stakeholders, and greater business community
- Professional digital or integrated media sales experience (2+ years of digital media sales experience)
- Ability to demonstrate past performance of hitting six figure monthly revenue targets with a clear story on how this was achieved
- Demonstrated ability to build a pipeline from the ground up
- Demonstrated ability to overcome objections related to performance using appropriate data sources
- Experience cross selling channels, upselling customers and client retention
- Experience helping clients develop rich, multi-faceted campaigns. Excited about helping brands make an impact & passionate about the Girlboss brand/audience & the value it can bring to brands.
- Strong interpersonal skills and strength in building lasting relationships internally and externally
- Strong client relationships/network and an ability to independently build a large pipeline of outbound leads which result in closed business
- Thorough understanding of the full sales cycle and digital media operations. This includes researching, prospecting, outreach, pitching, negotiating, and closing deals.
- Accurately forecast, track and report on sales performance, meeting quarterly targets set by management.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, including an ability to create and deliver convincing arguments verbally and in writing
- Highly motivated, proactive self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to win
- Ability to navigate an ambiguous startup environment, find or create solutions and improve process to maximize opportunities for revenue growth
- Ability to take ownership and work independently to meet aggressive performance goals
- Embodies our core values and can drive our mission forward with integrity