Shelf EngineSeattle, WA or Remote7 days ago
At Shelf Engine, our mission is to reduce food waste through automation. We harness the power of AI to provide real-time, intelligent forecasting for food retailers like grocery stores, restaurants, and cafes across the United States. We’re able to drastically reduce the amount of food waste which in turn drives profit for retailers, lowers costs for consumers, and reduces the negative ecological and social impacts of waste.
Shelf Engine is searching for a talented Sales Director to join our growing team and report directly to our Head of Sales. In this role, you will work with multiple teams across functions to prospect, pitch and ultimately close deals with grocery stores interested in leveraging Shelf Engine’s world-class demand forecasting service. Instead of offering one product line, you’ll be offering to transform how the grocery store buys all of their goods. We’re looking for a seasoned sales-professional specializing in selling to grocery stores, who’s exceptional at asking the right questions to understand their problems and the unique challenges they face. If selling a product that can have a huge impact on our customer bottom line while reducing food waste excites you, this may be your dream job!
This position is based in Seattle, WA, or remote.
As a Sales Director at Shelf Engine, you will:
- Embrace our company principles through inclusive, authentically-kind, and empathetic interactions with our team and our customers
- Sell the Shelf Engine solution to executives at food distributors and vendors across the country
- Manage all facets of the sales cycle from prospecting to close
- Effectively manage a sales pipeline; multiple accounts at various stages of the sales process
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the company to effectively close deals, ensure customer satisfaction and support account growth
And we think you would make a great Sales Director if:
- You are able to “speak grocery” – you know this industry inside and out. You’ve sold in fresh food categories, you have deep knowledge and understanding of how vendors/wholesalers and the food supply chain works
- You’re passionate about technology, love learning, using, and discussing new tools, and you are aware or eager to learn about EDI
- You’re hyper-focused on targeting and closing the right customers
- Strong leadership skills and impressive executive presence
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen effectively to customer needs and translate business needs to internal teams
- Strategic thinker and fast learner who adapts quickly to challenging business landscapes. Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate data into insights.
- Passion for solving business challenges with technology and for being a part of a fast-growing SaaS company
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- You are authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer
Shelf Engine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.