Hearst Magazines is seeking an experienced Sales Director to join the Travel, Tech, Finance and Outdoor Pod focused on generating ad revenue for 40+ accounts across all 25+ brands within the Hearst portfolio. This position reports into the Category Lead and is responsible for driving revenue across print, digital and social. This role requires self-motivation and extreme attention to detail.
- Represent a defined list of performance footwear & outdoor accounts for the entire Hearst Magazine Portfolio (25+ brands) driving sales across all print, digital and social
- Execute sales tactics, implement marketing strategies, and deliver effective sales presentations
- Effectively communicate clients’ key KPI’s to internal marketing, research, content & talent teams in response to RFPs and develop proactive client proposals
- Provide strong knowledge of key distribution platforms (Direct Digital, Programmatic, Print & Social) that are top priorities for respective category and help customer migrate to new platforms
- Manage your business daily, through Salesforce, and project future revenue monthly for both print and digital
- Provide valuable feedback to management including specific category solutions to improve sales and marketing strategies
- Achieve and exceed sales quota
- 5+ years of relevant media experience
- Deep industry contacts and positive relationships with client and agency partners in the Performance Footwear, Outdoor industries
- A self-starter who instinctively takes charge has a positive ‘team player’ approach and is comfortable in a dynamic and rapidly evolving environment
- Analytical, strategic thinker, creative problem solver, and resourceful
- An individual who works well within a corporate and creative environment
- Superior attention to detail and timely follow-through is critical
- Relationship builder, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and a working knowledge of all social platforms
- Salesforce knowledge a plus
- Willing to travel 2-3x/month for market visits
Interest in running, fitness, and outdoor
The base salary for this role is between $113,000 to $120,000 annually. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.