CaterpillarRemote in Texas17 days ago
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets.
With 104,000 employees and 2020 sales and revenues of $41.7 billion, we are the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Our company principally operates through its three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
We are a Fortune 100 corporation with 110 production facilities of which 60 are located outside the US, and we have 160 dealers serving customers in 193 countries. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI), including both the World and North America indices. This marks the 21st time Caterpillar has been included in the DJSI.
The Business Segment:
The Energy & Transportation segment is primarily responsible for supporting customers using reciprocating engines, turbines, diesel-electric locomotives, integrated systems and solutions, and related parts across industries serving oil and gas, power generation, industrial and marine applications as well as rail-related businesses.
The Business Unit:
Electric Power Division (EPD)
The Electric Power Division has manufacturing locations with thousands of employees. We design, build, and deliver electric power generation products and solutions under the Cat, MWM, FG Wilson and Olympian brands.
The Sales Director (internally labeled Sales Manager) will lead a global sales organization to achieve aggressive equipment and services sales targets while achieving lasting customer loyalty. The key role of this position is that of a seasoned professional with several years of related experience including sales, marketing, distribution channel development and sales leadership assignments. Direct reports include 7 leaders who each cover a specific region or industry segment (domestic and international locations).
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- The incumbent leads managers whose organizations are accountable for sales results reciprocating genset, switchgear, microgrid, packaged solutions, parts & services sales. ,To achieve this goal requires direct customer coverage, consultant coverage, and dealer development.
- Integrating multiple services and product to become the customer’s best choice. To achieve this often requires aligning organizations who potentially have conflicting priorities.
- Understanding the customer/dealer markets and implementing appropriate sales strategies and incentives to support and develop equipment and services sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, and new product or services introduction.
- Applying product and industry knowledge in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations.
- Developing long-term strategic planning within a 1-3-year horizon.
- Interacting with high-level professionals, industry experts, industry associations and dealer associations to promote CAT electric power equipment and services and promote overall electric power industry.
- Calling on the Dealer Principal and the General Manager to influence their investment initiatives, which support Caterpillar’s strategic initiatives.
- Understanding complex commercial issues, which can affect the business, such as local political situations, business and economic conditions and relating the appropriate areas of action to Caterpillar.
- Demonstrating the following leadership principles: business, career development, coaching, communication, customer satisfaction, empowerment, and fostering an enjoyable work climate.
- Managing a department by effectively being a leader of leaders The position is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of direct team.
- Confronting complex issues or problems, which require careful analysis and diagnosis to achieve data driven decisions.
- Modifying existing approaches or develop new solutions.
- Establishing and monitoring general policies and guidelines for projects
- Traveling extensively; approximately 50% of time.
- Employee may also be responsible for performing other job duties occasionally as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong knowledge and understanding of sales leadership, sales funnel management and distribution channel development.
- Minimum of 15+ years of progressively responsible job-related experience are required including field, staff, support
- Minimum of 3+ years of international leadership experience leading a high performing sales team
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions
- Knowledge of company and competitive equipment and services and product applications
- Electric Power/Genset experience
- Global experience (live outside of home country for more than 1 year) is also preferred.
- Experience in North America and Europe
- Experience leading multi-cultural and diverse teams is also preferred.
The location for this role is Texas and will require the candidate to relocate within the year to the undisclosed location. Relocation assistance will be provided for those eligible.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O.
Relocation is available for this position.EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.