Storyful is the world’s social media intelligence agency, leaders in social media contextualization and verification. We believe social media is the key to a deeper understanding of global events and cultural phenomena. Our goal is to help our partners understand the attitudes, behaviors and emotions behind the conversations and movements shaping the world.
Powered by a unique ability to gather and streamline data from all corners of an increasingly complex media landscape, our team of analysts deliver clarity in a world of confusion. Our mission is to dig deeper into the nuance inherent in social media to provide strategic insights and counsel to business leaders
The Ideal Candidate:
You are an exceptional sales professional with a hunter mentality and a genuine passion for Storyful’s vision to be the market leading force in social intelligence. You have 8-10 years of experience within the data, digital marketing/ advertising, and/ or management consulting industries, with a track record of generating new business, proven expertise in building C-Suite relationships.
You thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment and have proven experience in identifying, pitching, negotiating, closing, and renewing deals of all types - from small one-offs to large scale, multi-year enterprise deals. You have the ability to build an extensive list of prospects and continually manage those prospects to unlock maximum revenue opportunities
This is an exciting opportunity to join Storyful’s Intelligence Division at a pivotal time as the business looks to transform from a boutique offering to a market leading force in social intelligence.
Storyful works with some of the world’s leading Platforms, Information and Media Organizations, and Corporations. We provide market leading social intelligence reports and advice to our clients based on a unique combination of data, technology and human intelligence
The role of Sales Director is to drive revenue with new customers and ultimately, accelerate our business transformation to a market leading force. You will be joining a business undergoing transformation and experience a challenging, energetic and rewarding work environment with significant opportunities for professional and business growth
Reporting directly to the COO, you will be a key member of the Storyful Intelligence Commercial team.
Sales and Revenue Performance
- Proactively seek out, identify and negotiate/ close new business prospects to deliver against the sales plan and meet/ exceed budget expectations
- Collaborate with the Strategy and Analyst teams to maximize the chances of sales success, Create a Best Practice approach to Sales Pitches that increase chances of converting leads to sales, and personally lead pitches with new prospects in line with this approach
- Manage all new business prospect deliverables (proposals, client updates, meetings and presentations)
High Performance Sales Resources & Processes
- Provide regular Best Practice reporting to senior management on sales performance and pipeline status, including actionable strategies to improve performance to meet/ exceed targets
- Collaborate with the product and marketing teams to ensure we have the most impactful and market leading sales collateral and tools
- Be a super user of Salesforce to ensure maximum impact is gained from our CRM
Networking and Thought Leadership
- Leverage your personal network to create leads and revenue opportunities for Storyful
- Provide input into Marketing to develop the most impactful, market relevant Content Calendar calendar possible and effectively leverage this in subsequent sales activity
- Build a plan around event and conference attendance, including rationale and ROI… and subsequently attend key industry conferences to build our company profile and generate leads
Who we’re Looking For
- You have 6-10 years of experience within the digital marketing/ comms/pr/ and/or management consulting industries, with a track record of generating new business and proven expertise in building C-Suite relationships.
- Exceptional sales leader and skilled negotiator with proven track record of driving transformational sales/ revenue growth
- A smart, savvy and articulate commercial leader with a hunter mentality. Someone with deep experience in Consultative Selling and building trusted advisor relationships at all levels of an organization
- Proven experience in identifying, pitching, negotiating, closing, and renewing deals of all types - from small one-offs to large scale, multi-year enterprise deals
- Extremely strong understanding of and experience in the digital and social intelligence ecosystem
- First class reputation as a sales professional and vast industry network
- Ability to build an extensive list of prospects and continually manage those prospects to unlock maximum revenue opportunities
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication and business writing skills
- Experience using a CRM system (Salesforce preferable)
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, Google tool-set and other cloud-based business tools
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience favorable·
- Some travel may be required
- And a Genuine passion for our vision to be “The market leading force in social intelligence.”!
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets