Sales Development Representative
ShogunUnited States (Remote)7 days ago
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we've seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds can belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse, unique perspectives and the best global talent. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States.
What You'll Do
Our Sales Development Representatives partner with our Account Executives and Account Managers to build and implement an effective sales pipeline strategy. Through using a variety of tools and data points, they strive to drive adoption of our enterprise tier products and provide an excellent sales experience.
Our Sales Development Representatives are customer-focused and creative, able to think strategically and effectively to adjust their approach to meet the needs of our customers.
- Work closely with an Account Executive or Account Manager on following up on inbound leads
- Qualify new opportunities, working to uncover the customers' needs
- Perform strategic outbound prospecting as part of your territory planning and partnerships
- Navigate multiple tools, including Outreach, LinkedIn Navigator, ZoomInfo and Salesforce
Need to Have:
- 1+ year business development or closely related pipeline-building experience
- Track record of achieving targets in a data-driven environment
- A self-starting mentality, constantly analyzing how to increase your effectiveness
- A collaborative nature, partnering with the greater sales org to drive results
- A customer-first mindset, developing a creative and effective communication cadence to meet their needs
- Desire to work within a fast-paced environment, helping to develop and optimize our sales process
Nice to Have:
- 2+ years of software sales experience
- Understanding of the ecommerce space
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.