Sales Development Representative
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is an entry level sales position with a career path opportunity to become an Account Manager or Account Executive eventually to a Field Sales Role. The main focus of the BDR is to find new customers. This will be accomplished through preparation, there will be training provided to the BDR’s that will include but not limited to product, process, industry, and sales training. They will also have side by side training sessions with Account Executives, Account Mangers, and Managers across the sales floor to help them understand the differences across each of the sales verticals/industries, training, and role-playing.
- 0-2 years of experience or relevant internship experience in inside sales
- Demonstrated aptitude in sales or marketing techniques with proven ability to cultivate customer relationships
- Team player who works collaboratively with peers and management
- Proficiency with technology including all Microsoft Office Solutions
- An individual who holds themselves accountable for exceeding their KPI goals and takes ownership of their actions
- Superior communication skills both verbal and written
- Conducts ~60 outbound sales calls per day, these will be a combination of leads, accounts applying for access for documentation collection, and into existing accounts.
- Drive customer interest and book a product demo
- Documents all activities in salesforce.com to manage sales activities, follow-ups with prospects
- Build working knowledge of how to position and sell TLOxp
- Works collaboratively with sales manager to drive detailed sales campaigns which will uncover leads and thought leadership in a specific vertical market
- Does proper handoff of new opportunities to the Account Executive team to ensure a smooth and productive onboarding experience for new customers
- Develops and maintains a professional and positive relationship with TransUnion staff members, Management and extended teams
- Develop Fair Credit Reporting Act, Driver's Privacy Protection Act, and Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act knowledge through internal training
- Reconnect with uncontacted or minimally contacted leads
- Receive inbound calls and attempt to book demos for qualified new prospects
- Disqualify leads that do not meet TransUnion requirements
- Uses the consultative sales process to identify needs and offer TransUnion’s TLOxp solution
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.