Sales Development Representative
Appen is the leader in Data for the AI Lifecycle. We are looking for a highly motivated Sales Development Representative that is looking to build a successful career in Enterprise Sales in the tech space, focusing on Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. The ideal candidate must possess the curiosity to learn about the training data space and have the skills to influence behavior amongst key stakeholders at innovative Enterprise companies.
As an Appen Sales Development Representative, you will join a rapidly growing team that is focused on generating new business opportunities for the Enterprise Americas team. We are building the future of data for the AI lifecycle and we’re the largest provider in the training data space. If this interests you and you’re up to the task of working in a fast-paced environment where performance gets rewarded, we encourage you to apply!
- Generate new business opportunities by prospecting, researching and outbound outreach into cold accounts and warm leads at some of the largest technology companies in the Americas.
- Work closely with the Manager of Sales Development and your assigned Enterprise Account Executive to develop target prospect lists, compelling messaging and creative approach strategies that compel stakeholders to take action.
- Discovering new leads through internet research, social media monitoring/messaging, using tools such as LinkedIn Navigator, Zoominfo, etc.
- Conduct high level conversations with Senior Executives in target prospect accounts.
- Managing prospecting status and data integrity using Salesforce.com and other tools like Outreach.io.
- Achieving, and exceeding, weekly/monthly metrics (appointments, qualified leads, new contacts, etc.)
- Playing a key role in events, including pre-event outreach and post event follow up
- Effectively communicate the value that Appen solutions bring to our customers across multiple use cases
- Responding to inbound customer interest and developing these accounts to create new opportunities
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- 1-2+ years of sales experience in a fast-paced Enterprise software or technical environment.
- Demonstrated track record of performance in a selling role responsible for influencing key decision makers in the tech or SaaS space.
- Excellent outbound written and verbal communication skills
- Experience prospecting into large tech organizations
- Self-motivated, persistent and influential
- Structured, process-oriented and organized in everything that you do
- Accountable to produce meaningful results
- Humility to learn from your experiences and apply learnings to consistently improve
- Respectful of others’ views and thoughts, a team player
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.