Sales Development Manager
SumUp is in growth mode, and the key to that growth is a high-performing sales team. We are launching our Denver sales center and are seeking a best-in-class Sales Development Manager (SDR Manager) who wants to join at the point of scaling. In this role, you will be an integral part of leading our sales development strategy by recruiting and leading a high-performing sales development representative team. This team is responsible for driving pipeline goals by setting meetings on behalf of our sales team to support our growth strategy. This is an amazing opportunity for a leader who loves coaching, developing and cultivating a culture of high performance and collaboration. This role is hybrid - 3 days in DTC office, 2 days remote.
SumUp is redefining the way businesses and communities interact by turning every business transaction into a customer relationship. As a leader in the SMB Loyalty & CRM space, SumUp is helping local businesses come back stronger than ever by turning their credit card readers into an all-in-one payments & automated marketing platform. SumUp has become a robust national commerce network of over 70 million users engaging with thousands of small businesses resulting in $3 billion+ in local merchant sales annually. More than 1 million people sign up monthly to support the local businesses that make our neighborhoods great!!
SumUp supports over 3 million merchants globally and operates in 34 markets across Europe, the U.S., Brazil and Chile. With its card terminals and online services relied upon by businesses of all sizes, SumUp is the partner of choice for small businesses from every walk of life.
A day in the life:
- Manage sales development organization to exceed goals, objectives, and quota achievement
- Hire, coach, develop, and lead a high-performing team of inbound/outbound sales development representatives
- Reference individual and team reports to track performance and accountability
- Work closely with the sales team to maximize the impact and effectiveness of sales development
- Conduct rep productivity reviews, regular 1:1 coaching to performance, team metrics and meetings, role playing, standups
- Work closely with the Learning and Development team to train reps to make introduction calls, handle objections, and schedule discovery calls for the sales team
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual targets
- Create and update resources such as cadences, call scripts and prospecting emails to drive consistency and strong results
- Work closely with Sales Operations to establish metrics and dashboards to measure and improve team performance
- Report against KPIs to senior management and provide corresponding analysis
- Coach and develop your team to help them continually improve their performance, coaching reps towards a career as an account executive in under two years
- Ensure the effective use of applicable data and tools, such as Salesforce.com, Outreach, Gong, Vonage, etc.
- Sales Leadership 3-4 years of experience in high velocity, SMB sales or sales development (preferably inside sales) with at least 1 year of team lead or management experience (preferably in a rapid growth environment)
- Passion for and ability to develop talent and coach a team to success while building an energetic and winning team environment.
- Proven track record of establishing and achieving or exceeding measurable goals in a highly productive sales development environment
- Proven track record of delivering pipeline targets with a growth mindset
- Communication & Relationship Building Skills Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with a diverse blend of personalities, while building strong relationships with all levels of management.
- Ability to work cross functionally with sales management, sales operations, marketing and more.
- Analytical MindsetPassion for data, and the ability to use it to drive results, diagnose problems, build business cases and motivate a team.
- Sales Tools EnablementProven experience leveraging CRM software, preferably Salesforce, to manage high-performing teams
- Technical aptitude with ability to learn new systems and tools quickly.
- Process DrivenBuilds and leverages processes to drive optional results.
- 105K - 125K OTE, based on experience
Benefits & More:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, along with too many to list!
- Benefits that holistically support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing
- Career Coaching & Development
- 4 weeks of annual PTO plus 11 paid holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan and Paid Parental leave
- Special Leaves including Birthday (1 day), Wedding (3 days), Wellness (1 per quarter), Volunteering (2 days)
- Sabbatical after every 3 years of employment
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.