We are looking for a Sales Coordinator who will be an integral member of the sales department and our organization. This person will manage and facilitate various sales and customer needs with the ultimate goal to positively impact our department, increase productivity and exceed customer expectations. We are looking for a self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. This role will report to the Director of Sales and work closely with the VP of Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and customers.
What you’ll do at Hero
- Provide strong administrative support to our Sales department working on customer contracts, new item set up, cost changes, internal/external audit resolution, compliance, reclaim management, etc.
- Partner with sales and marketing teams to create new item presentations, review category trends and create sales and marketing tools per each department’s priorities and initiatives
- Assist and participate in customer line reviews per the account manager’s discretion
- Manage new customer onboarding process and materials
- Develop robust knowledge of customer portals, systems, and resources to support sales and customer support teams
- Lead compilation of customer calendars, sales materials, and price sheets, and publish to Sales department’s online library
- Monitor customer calendars and work cross-functionally to ensure samples and products are delivered accurately and on time
- Collaborate with our sales analytics/business insights department to best communicate pertinent product, customer, and/or market trends and deep dives
- Collaborate cross-functionally to communicate and ensure flawless execution of pricing, promotion, and merchandising plans
- Support invoicing and payment processing for the team as needed
- Assist in the preparation of market visits and key internal and customer meetings
- Support ongoing special project work, and ad hoc requests
We’d love to hear from you if you
- 1 - 2 years of experience is required; open to internship experience as well; Consumer Packaged Goods industry experience is strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and advanced Excel skillset
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite
- Experience effectively translating data and graphs into presentation-ready formats in PowerPoint and Google Slides
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative with minimal direction
- Extremely well-organized, able to prioritize multiple ongoing tasks
- Have demonstrated, strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a hybrid environment as this role will require working from home as well as in our NYC Soho office
Culture-based competency requirements
- Empathetic. You get to know those around you, the team you work with, and the people you serve. Your understanding of others helps inform your decisions.
- Positive. A positive mental attitude is key to a productive and happy team. You see every event as an opportunity and setbacks as something to learn from. You support those around you.
- Always willing. It means you don’t look away when there’s trash on the floor or when things get tough. Big or small moments, you’re there to help.
Benefits at Hero include: Medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability benefits with a majority of the premiums paid by the company, flexible PTO, Wellness Days and Summer Fridays, 401k with employer match, work from home stipend, Citibike membership, ClassPass discount and more!
Hero is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We will not tolerate discrimination in employment, employment-related decisions, or in business dealings on the basis of race, color, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
We would appreciate a cover letter sharing more about your background and interest in working on the Sales team at Hero!